𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏)

hi i am delilah, or actually so are you. this is how we live. 

it is november and raining in texas, and i am bored out of my mind. i have nothing to edit, nothing to watch, nothing to read, nothing to do. should i call nick up? yeah, i should. i find nick in my favorites on my contact list and dial his number.

delilah:
hey nick, do you want to go drive around?

nick:
oh hi lilah, yeah bet! i will pick you up in like 5?

delilah:
yes for sure, only if i get aux though! 

nick:
uh you always take it even if i don't give you permission.

delilah:
but you are giving me permission this time, right?

nick:
yes, i guess i am.
(chuckles)

delilah:
that's what i thought! (laughs)

nick:
(muffled yelling)
ty- ty shut up, she doesn't want to see you.

delilah:
what was that about?

nick:
nothing lilah, i will be there in like a minute 
(car door slams shut)

(hangs up)

huh that is weird, i wonder what she was talking to tyler about. you know, i don't think i want to actually know, i hate tyler. me and him have bad blood after he cheated on me with my best friend, ex friend ellie, me and her used to be really close. me and tyler were together for two years and he had been cheating on me with her for over a year, and i had not idea.

ding dong!

nick is here! i rush outside and realize that i am not wearing very much clothes. i was wearing black leggings, and a tshirt. i didn't really want to run back into my house or else i would have to tell my dad where i am going. i love my dad, i really do, he has raised me super well after my mom died when i was a freshman in high school, but he doesn't like me hanging out with nick all the time, he thinks something more is going on. 

i run over to nick's car and get in, he looks at me and notices i am all wet from the rain and he reaches into his backseat and hands me a bright green sweatshirt with a black smiley face on the front. 

delilah:
really? what sweatshirt is this? it looks like that dream guy.

nick:
(laughs)
you guessed it. that it his merch.

delilah:
(puts it on)
woah, it is like super comfy.

nick:
trust me, i know. 

he starts driving off and i plug my phone into the aux, i scroll through my "hype" playlist and put on this song that i know nick likes. it is "warriors" by 2WEI, it was in like a minecraft war thing that was on the dreamsmp server, at least that is what nick told me. it starts off, "as a child, you would wait." and we start singing.

nick:
and watch from far away...

delilah:
but you always knew that you would be the one...

nick and delilah:
that work while they play...

we sing the whole song and we go down my playlist just listening to some songs and driving around, it is starting to get dark and then he speaks up.