𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟔)

author's note: just to clarify because i have got some hate. i love my readers very much! they mean so much to me, especially everyone who comments on my chapters, they make my day. they say the nicest things, please feel free to dm me if you need anything! it doesn't even have to relate to my stories, if you need anything please talk to me! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

delilah:
is there a thing i should know about?

clay:
a thing?

delilah:
okay, that didn't come out the way i wanted it to.

clay:
what the hell are you talking about, delilah?
(laughs)

clay climbs off of me and i sit up, he puts his hand on my thigh.

delilah:
okay, so you know how nick doesn't approve of us?

clay:
yeah, you have melted that into my brain.

delilah:
okay, well one reason was because you did a thing in the past. i think he said in a past relationship.

i watch clay's face drop, he knows what i am talking about.

clay:
oh... that is what he was talking about.

delilah:
clay, what did you do?

clay:
i don't know if i am ready to tell you, but i need too.

delilah:
i mean, i guess we can wait... it just seems like a big deal.

clay:
no, no, i need to tell you.
(takes a deep breath)

i interlock my hand in his, he looks like he having a hard time.

clay:
so, i have only dated one other girl than you. it was when i was 17, we dated for three years.

delilah: that is a long time... you guys broke up two years ago?

clay:
correct. we loved each other... for the first two years i loved her at least.

delilah:
what does that mean?

clay:
the last year of us dating, i guess i fell out of love. she still loved me a lot, and she wanted to get married to me. she told me all the time.

delilah:
well you must have ended it after you didn't feel love anymore, right?

clay:
(sighs)
it is my biggest regret... i stayed with her for a year. p-pretending i loved her... i led her on... for a whole year.

he starts tearing up, but what he just told me worries me. if he has done that before, what if he does it again?

delilah:
f-for a whole year?

clay:
yeah, a whole year. i just didn't have a purpose to leave her. she loved me, she thought i was a great guy. we just didn't have the same interests, i just didn't feel a spark. i never really did.