Chapter 45

Dedicated to LenaLuthorLover04
For her hard work and of course, my girlfriend Katie_Luthor 😊💜
MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎁 💚
***
The sound of paramedics and the beep of the machine monitoring the heart beat faded.

The turmoil of this day had my blood pumping. Emotions invaded me. They built me up and destroyed me at the same time.

"Breathe! Breathe!" A distant voice shouted, begging for their life.

I felt like I was underwater, slowly drowning in this mess. When did this happen? Who's fault is this? Mine.

My fault. My fault. IT. IS. MY. FAULT.

*** 5 Hours Earlier ***

Alyssa's POV:

"C'mon, (Y/N). Answer the phone." I whispered as I bit my thumb's nail in anticipation.

"Alyssa, what's up?" It's just a common phrase, but she turns it into a sweet one with her caring tone.

"Will you be at the party that Dominic is hosting tonight?" I half smile, hoping so bad she says no.

"Yeah, I'll be there. And you?" She cheerfully answers. I bet she was smiling as she talked.

I feel disappointed, and the evil task ahead of me saturates my soul with guilt only.

"That's all I wanted to know." I say as I close my eyes and take a deep breath in.

"Oh okay. Well, I guess I'll see you there. Are you okay?" I nod my head forgetting that she couldn't see me.

"What's that?"

"Oh, I mean, yes." I roll my eyes at my dumb state.

"Alright then. Bye." She hangs up the phone.

"You better get ready for your big night, Alyssa. I hope you like the dress I bought you." I turn around to the sound of his cold voice.

There he is, the evil villain creeping up on innocent people.

"Thanks." I whisper as I look at the dress in front of me.

"Make me proud." He rises from the couch and kisses my cheek as he exits the room.

My heart is beating super quickly, like if I ran a 10-mile marathon without a break.

Or that time when I was a little girl and was forced to present my project in front of the class. I remember the twenty pair of eyeballs staring fiercely at me. The only difference was that (Y/N) was there to save me from that embarrassing and frightening moment when my hands started shaking nonstop and I could feel the sweat dripping down my forehead. She was there to protect me. To defend me and speak up for me. Or was that just a figure of my imagination. My desire to have met her way before I decided that no one would love me.

Either way, my chance slipped away. It was Katie's turn to feel the love of my best friend. And my only hope now is that Dominic doesn't win the war and separates those love birds. They deserve each other.

***4 Hours Earlier***

"Do you like this place?" Dominic's voice interrupted my thoughts.

I don't bother to look over at him as I admire the better view in front of me.

I had never been to this place before.

"Do you recognize it?" Dominic tried to get me to talk one more time.

I gave him the cold shoulder and decided to ignore his presence instead.

"Oh, darling. This is the place where I fucked you repeatedly." His evil laugh filled the room as he left once more.

I bit my lower lip as a tear hit the cold, marble floor. The large, glass window gave view to green, tall trees. The blue sky was turning grey little by little. I stepped away from it.

***

I felt a light shake on my shoulder, which forced me to wake up.

I opened my eyes to the blonde man. His cold, pale blue eyes gave me shivers that trailed down my spine.

"You look beautiful, Alyssa." I was taken aback at his compliment, never expecting to hear something sound so warm coming from him.

"I- uh" I was speechless.

"We should go." He softly whispered as he extended his big hand towards me, motioning me to take it.

He helped me get up and his eyes trailed my dress up and down. I felt uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Can I just...?" His husky voice appeared sexy to me.

What's wrong with you?! This is the guy who raped you more than once!

"No. I prefer we go." I avoided his eyes, thinking he would do what he wanted anyways.

I was used to it. He always got what he wanted with me.

The first time I met Dominic, he seemed very charming. But he fooled me. His once vivid, blue eyes turned cold on me. And I don't want him anymore. He's messed with me in many ways no one has ever.

"Then we're leaving, princess." Without noticing I gave him a weirded out look. My jaw dropped to the floor, my eyes bulged out.

"Is this a dream?!" I blurted out.

"No. Let's go. We don't want to make our guests wait." His long arm snaked around my tiny waist. He held me in a strong way; one where I would not be able to get out of if I tried to run away.

He opened the fancy car's door for me.

This really felt like a dream. Was he going soft on me? I was so confused.

As soon as he got in the car, we sped away to the university.

***3 Hours Earlier***

The room was already filled with guests, teachers and students alike.

I searched for familiar faces in the crowd. Without any luck, I resorted to a nice table by the glass windows. This window had the same view of trees in the university's courtyard just like Dominic's place. The only difference was that Dominic's place was situated like in a mountain, which gave view to the top of the trees.

I felt Dominic's eyes from across the room.

*** Flashback ***

"Make me proud." His lips were the only focus. I felt compelled. I wanted to be good for him. I wanted him to love me. To see me like he saw Katie.

I forced myself to stare at the ground. Who was I kidding when I said that I didn't want him anymore? I was only trying to convince myself.

***End of Flashback***

"Are they here yet?" Dominic's voice made me jump a little. I hadn't noticed him.

"No." I shake my head.

"Make sure they get here or else..." His cold hand went under my dress. "You don't want that, right?" His cold eyes intimidated me. He exhaled and inhaled power all of the time. It was terrifying.

"No." He removed his hand and I gasped for air as I tried to hide the tears that started to fall.

I loved but hated him with all of my guts. Why did he do this to me?!

I picked up my phone as I called (Y/N)'s number. Without any response, I tried Katie's phone. Nothing. Just the ringing itself.