Chapter 19

(Y/N)'s POV:

"So are you seeing anyone right now?" The blonde tilts her head slightly as she questions me.

"Eh, I'm pretty sure that I'm seeing you right now." I joke, making her ocean colored eyes roll back as she shakes her head.

"You're so silly." She giggles.

I swallow back the chewed french fry. As I turn sideways, my eyes catch a glimpse of the raven haired woman, who walks hand in hand with her prince charming.

I start to panic, but feel relief when I see they're headed the opposite way. My heart rate goes back to normal.

I turn back to Jessica, who is just observing me. I start to feel nervous under her gaze.

"What was that about?" She asks, picking up a french fry and taking it to her mouth.

"Nothing." I try to deny.

"Is it a girl?" She pushes.

"Eh...yes, but she's not important anymore."

"Am I important?" Her blue eyes stare directly at me, expecting me to say yes.

A smile creeps up my lips, "I'll answer that later."

***

Katie's POV:

"Katie?" Dominic calls out, his hand wrapping around mine on the table.

"Yes?" I had zoned out for a moment, my mind thinking of what would it be like to be on a date with the brown-eyed girl.

"I wanted to ask..." He stops, making sure I'm listening.

I nod my head up and down, giving him the 'go'.

"Would you like to come home with me for Thanksgiving break? I know it's still a month away, but I just wanted to know."

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I agree.

"I'm so lucky." He demonstrates his gratitude by kissing the back of my hand.

I respond with a smile.

***

(Y/N)'s POV:

The girl throws two twenty dollar bills on the table. I wanted to pay half the price, but she denied me the right to when she said it was her way of repaying me for the coffee.

"So tell me more about you." She requests, her eyes fixated on me.

This girl sure knows how to make someone nervous.

"Stop staring." I chuckle.

"I can't." She shows me her perfect white pearls.

"And why is that?" I raise my eyebrows.

"You're just too beautiful to not stare at." Her compliment makes my heart flutter, and I feel my face reddening.

"Aww. Stop blushing." Her hand squishes my cheeks, and she smirks after.

We fall into a comfortable silence, walking around the streets that are full of people going everywhere.

We finally make it to a park near by and sit on a bench.

"So...are you new around here?" I curiously ask.

"Well, I'm just visiting." Her eyes track the landscape before us.

For some reason I feel disappointment hearing this.

"You're leaving??" I try to hide my disappointment, but terribly fail when I sound desperate.

At the sound of my voice, she turns back to me and tilts her head slightly, "I'll be visiting often. We can work things out, if that's what you want."

I smile and look down at the ground, "And what do you want?"

"You." Her intentions are very straightforward and I'm glad I don't have to be guessing and asking around to know.

I smile again but this time I smile harder. It feels right. This moment just feels right.

She scoots closer to me, and then rests her head on my shoulder.

***

"Thank you for this day." I wrap my arms around her and she reciprocates the gesture.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She mumbles against my sweater.

"Of course." I reply, releasing her from the embrace.

"Do you workout?" She giggles at her own question.

"Yeah. I do." I squint my eyes, confused to why the question.

"I like that. Such a turn on." Her hand touches my shoulders and arms.

"You can't quite see it with the sweater on." I laugh.

"Maybe one day we can go together." She suggests, letting her hand fall to her side.

"Yeah, but I admit, I will be distracted." I flirt back.

This causes a smile to spread on her face, and her cheeks have a hint of pink on them. I smile at her cute reaction.

"You're very important to me." I decide to kiss her cheek. "Have a good night." She remains glued to her spot, surprised, and I go inside the apartment.

"Hey." I greet Evelyn, who is sitting on the couch and munching on some chips.

"Hey. You seem very excited." She smiles.

"I had a good day. Thank you for forcing me out of bed." I reply, reflecting the same smile to her.

"She's special, isn't she?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"I don't want to talk about it." I roll my eyes at her.

"Why not?!"

"I just want to keep that to myself." I shrug.

"Fine." She huffs.

"I'm hanging out with her tomorrow, though." I add and start to walk away.

"She's definitely special then!" She raises her voice just so I can hear her.

"I think so." I whisper to myself as I make my way inside the bedroom.

Jessica makes me feel at peace. I don't want to rush anything though because I just got out of a relationship. And then there is also Katie.

I feel my phone vibrate and notice the name on the screen. 'Jessica'. It only triggers happiness.

Jessica: I had a great time with you. I can't wait to see you tomorrow :) Have a good night, and dream with me ;)

I smile and start typing.

Me: I had an amazing time with you, too! I'm pretty sure you will be in my dreams tonight. Have a good night rest, Jessi.

"Give her a chance, friend." Evelyn grins when I jump.

"Can I not have privacy?" I scold.

"I'm just saying. You're happy right now. This is your opportunity to be happy." She shrugs, stating her point.

"Okay, fine! Now leave." I grab a pillow from beside me and throw it to her, in attempt that she will leave.

She dodges the pillow, and throws it back. Without having time to react, it hits my face.

"Goodbye." She laughs and quickly closes the door before I throw back the pillow at her.