Chapter 41

(Y/N)'s POV:

I sigh in frustration and worry.

"Nothing?" Evelyn raises her eyebrows as she questions.

"Nothing." I say with defeat in my voice. "It sent me straight to voicemail. Again."

"Try to not wo-" A knock on the door cuts her off.

I quickly look at the door. "I'll get it."

I open the door expecting to find Jessica or even Alyssa, but the person immediately crashes their lips with mine, giving me no time to react.

I smell the sweet, strawberry scent on her, and smile when I recognize who it is.

"I missed you, darling." Her Irish accent fills the air, and wow, how I missed it as well.

"You didn't tell me you were coming today." I say, taking her hand in mine, and pulling her into the apartment.

"Surprise." Her perfectly, white pearls show.

"You seem happy." I smile back.

"I just spent time with my family. And now I'm seeing you. I'm breaking off my engagement. Of course I am happy." She explains, smiling like crazy, her beautiful eyes shining with delight.

I chuckle at her cute expression.

"Hey, Evelyn." Katie greets as Evelyn takes a seat on the couch.

"Hello, Ms. McGrath." Evelyn politely says.

"Katie, when we're outside of campus, will be alright." The beautiful woman says.

"Sure." Evelyn shyly smiles.

Just as she said that, another knock sounded through the living room.

I look at Evelyn, raising my eyebrow in bewilderment.

"You guys are expecting someone?" Katie asks us, specifically looking at me.

I shake my head. "I don't know. Are we?"

"Jessica." Evelyn stands up and opens the door, revealing the blonde girl.

"She hasn't answered her phone calls?!" Jessica alarmingly questions.

"Jessica, calm down." I tell her.

"This has to be Dominic's fault, (Y/N)." She desperately paces the room.

Katie's head snaps my way at the mention of the man. "What's going on?"

"I'll explain later." I say as I watch Jessica pace the room.

"What if he did something to her?! Or they're planning something?! What if-" I grab her shoulders and force her to stop moving, "Jessi!"

She stays silent as she waits for me to continue. "We don't know yet. We have to remain calm, okay?"

"I'm just scared." She whispers. "My brother has become a monster."

She breaks down, and I understand where she's coming from. I was away from my family, my siblings, but I know it would hurt to see them become your own enemy.

"I miss him. The Dominic Smith I used to know." She voices out in between gasps and tears.

"Shhh." I try to comfort her and embrace her. "We'll figure it out."

I couldn't say everything was going to be okay because I wasn't sure of that. I couldn't promise that he would be back to his normal self because I also didn't know that.

Katie silently watched the scene that was unfolding in front of her.

I tried to avoid her eyes just in case she was shooting daggers at us.

"Do you want some water?" I ask Jessica as I take her to the couch.

"Please." She dries her tears with the back of her hand.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I say.

I walk past Katie and take her hand in mine, forcing her to follow me to the kitchen.

"Can you tell me what's happening now?" She raises her eyebrow.

"It's Alyssa." I answer her. "I talked to her a few days ago and she told me she wanted to leave us alone. Then, Dominic showed up yesterday. I've been sick worried about Alyssa since he got here, and she hasn't been answering our phone calls." I elaborate.

"He's here because I told him I was giving him his ring back." She informs me.

I nod as I take the information in. "But it doesn't make sense. Why is Alyssa ignoring our calls? My calls?"

"She's probably scared because he's here." Katie guessed.

I stay silent for a minute before telling her my plans. "I'm going to go to her apartment and check on her."

"I'll come with you then."

"No, what if he's there. Stay back." I shake my head.

"(Y/N), I'm coming. Don't forget about my power here." She authoritatively says.

I decide to not go against her. She knows what she's doing.

"Alright then." I go in for a kiss, but she stops me before our lips can connect. "Don't forget the water." She simply says before leaving.