(8) Family from Italy

Start from the beginning

"I don't doubt that they are good people, but I'm just wondering if they'll even like me let alone accept me? I'm not trying to sound like an emotional idiot or something, but it's not everyday you meet a new family member who's a teenager now", I could hear my anxiety.

They all stared at me in amusement for a while.

"For the love of god. Val this is what is bothering you? You're overthinking it because already love you so much, you have no idea", Xavier smiled.

"Yeah. They're so excited to meet you", Matteo grinned. "I spoke to Dan last night."

I exhale through my mouth nodding slowly. Surely they're not trying to make me feel better? Maybe I am overthinking it.

"Also, the accepting thing you just mentioned", Elijah interrupted with a gentle smile. "There's no reason for you to stress about that. You are the daughter of this family and there is no way they are not accepting you."

"Exactly Val. You didn't know about them until yesterday, but they always knew you existed", Xander shrugged.

They did?

"Yeah you're just as lovely as my morning spinach milkshake", Enzo grinned cheekily.

I made an ew face hearing that. He means well and I know that, but why?

"Oh my god", Xavier grimaced.

"Enzo what are you trying to do?", Elijah raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah you're gonna stress her out by saying that", Xander shook his head in disbelief.

Enzo pouts while Matteo snickered.

"Valentina everything is going to be fine. Don't worry", Dad assured me with a smile making me sigh with a nod.

"They'll be here by evening so be ready everyone", Ales informed us.

Until it was time for their arrival I practically hid myself at one corner of the house. This is so unlike me and I knew I was behaving like a child. But the fact is that I never have met any so called family member in my life. Ever.

What do I even talk about with them?

"Oh there you are. I was looking everywhere for you. You should get ready as they'll be here soon", Matteo smiled.

I nod exhaling.

Returning to my room I change into a black turtle neck and blue jeans. I leave my hair open naturally wavy and put on very light makeup. I thought I should put some effort atleast.

Everyone was already ready downstairs waiting for our family's arrival. They all look at me when I come carrying an awkward stance.

"You look beautiful bambina. Not that you didn't before, but you know what I mean", Enzo smiled wide.

Everyone else nods agreeing with him with encouraging smiles on their faces. I thank them taking a seat on the couch. We get busy with a random conversation until we're interrupted by the door bell.

"They are here!", Matteo jumped up from the couch excitedly.

"Someone looks so happy", I chuckled looking at him.

"Of course! We haven't met them for almost a year now, I missed them", Matteo grins.

Ales and Dad stood up to go and receive them while the rest of us waited here. As the second pass I could feel myself get more and more nervous. My palms started clamped up.

Okay this is it..let's hope they like me.

I soon hear low voices from outside which were gradually getting louder as they came towards the living room where the rest of us were.