92

After his conversation with Klaus, Elijah quickly went to look for Elena and found her in the kitchen with Bonnie and Rebekah.

"Hello, ladies! Elena, I have something to ask you."

"I already told you, you need to upload your iPhone every once in awhile. If you don't do it you'll stop having the emojis on your phone and when Kol sends you something you'll see just boxes with question marks." Elena said.

"No. It's not that. I was wondering if you were free tomorrow night. So we can have dinner together."

"What? Just the two of us? Like a date?" Elena asked.

"Uhhhh!" Bonnie and Rebekah said with a smirk.

"Not like a date. A real date." Elijah said.

"Are you sure about this? I don't want to get between you and your brother."

"I am. Niklaus and I had a conversation and I believe he no longer will be a problem."

"O-Okay. Sure." Elena said with a smile.

"Uhhh!" Rebekah and Bonnie said again.

"Alright. I'm sorry for my interruption. I'll leave you ladies to it." Elijah said and left with a smile on his face.

*Meanwhile*

Caroline and Klaus were in the bedroom, Caroline was laying down while Klaus was making sure she was as comfortable as possible, when someone knock on the door.

"Hey! Sorry to bother you." Liz said when Klaus opened the door. "I need to talk with my daughter for a minute in private. Is that alright?"

"Of course." Klaus said but before leaving, he gave a peck on Caroline's forehead and asked her to call for him if something would happen.

"What's going on, mom?" Caroline asked with a smile after Klaus had left.

"I have something to tell you." Liz said as she sat down on the bed, above Caroline's feet.

"What is it?"

"You know how you are a werewolf..." Liz started and Caroline just nodded. "As you know, both you and your father have a mark of the wolf pack you're from."

"Yeah... but we don't know if anyone of the pack is alive because there are so few..."

"Yes... well, I have been searching and the pack is alive... you belong to the crescent moon pack." Liz said. "The ones who live in the bayou."

"What? Seriously?" Caroline asked speechless.

"Yes. And since your father died... You are now the one who should be in charge of the pack... You're the queen of the crescent moon pack. Apparently there's always been an hierarchy and your father was the alpha male and now it's you." Liz said. "I talked to them. If you ever need anything, you can trust them."

"Why are you telling me all this now?"

"Because I love you and I want you to be surrounded by family. I was never able to give you much of a family balance because I work so much and because your father was always hunting vampires and then there was the divorce and I almost couldn't be home because of work and... I don't want my grandchild to have that. I don't want to make the same mistake I did. I want you and your child to know and be surrounded by your family."

"Thank you, mom." Caroline said. "And I'm sorry for all the times I was a brat... I know that you just didn't spend more time with me because you truly were unable to. You were making sure my friends and I were safe and that the town we were in was safe..."