"No." I interrupt his ramble and walk out the door.

"Wait," Trent's eyebrows furrow as he falls into step beside me, "you're not?"

I let out a laugh, shaking my head. "No." I push open the exit to the building and walk outside.

"But wait," Trent stops me at the bottom of the stone steps and turns to face me. "Then why did you run?" I open my mouth to answer, but then Trent puts his hand up. "Wait, let me guess." He drops his hand and gives me a look. "Because it was awkward."

My lips part as I try to conjure up some kind of coherent response, but Trent just throws me a grin before grabbing my arm. Once my brain registers that I'm being dragged to the side of the building, do words finally come out. "What are you doing? Where are we going? What the he—?" Before I can finish Trent backs me up against the building and brings his lips down to mine. My body stiffens for a second, but then I relax against the wall as my stomach flips.

Seemingly satisfied Trent pulls back with a grin. "I'm glad you're not mad because I've been dying to do that." I bite my lip to hold back a smile and he groans throwing his head back. He meets my gaze again, this time with his green eyes swarming.

"You're gorgeous, you know that?" All of a sudden the heat inside my coat feels suffocating and it shows on the tops of my cheeks as I cast my gaze down, but Trent only chuckles and takes a step back, letting me move off the wall. We walk back over to the pathway and start walking across the lawn in comfortable silence. As I glance around, I find myself catching a few random words from people's conversations. "Let's go bowling."

I whip my head back in Trent's direction a little muddled by his random statement. "What?"

He stops walking, glancing at something over my shoulder before meeting my gaze again. "Later, let's go bowling. Ask Stephanie if she wants to come and I'll bring Zack and then I'll meet you outside your dorm building."

"But—" I start to protest, but he just grins and takes a step back.

"I'll see you later, okay?"

I stare at him confused, but he throws me his signature wink and turns around yet again leaving me baffled in the middle of campus. Shaking my head, I turn and head towards my dorm building.

Guess I'm going bowling.

****

Stephanie plays with her jacket zipper as we wait for the guys outside our dorm building. Trent texted me a few hours ago saying they'll meet up with us around five.

"I'm so sick of this cold weather," Stephanie says rubbing her arms and I let out a laugh.

"Me too, but it's almost February, so hopefully it'll warm up a little soon. "

"Boo!"

"Ah!" I jump into Stephanie and turn only to see Zack bent over in laughter. I slap his stomach making him bend over further and he brings a hand up to his chest, but continues laughing nonetheless. Shaking my head, I glance next to him at Trent.

"Hi," I say tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Hey," he grins before throwing the smile in Steph's direction. "Stephanie."

"Trent." She smiles and nods in a greeting while I turn back to Zack.

"Are you done?"

He grins and pulls the red cap he's wearing off his head and runs his fingers through his hair before putting it back on backwards.

"Why yes, yes I am."

I shake my head at him and Stephanie claps her hands.

"Shall we go?" Everyone nods and we start in the direction of the parking lot. Trent falls into step beside me as Stephanie and Zack walk in front of us.