Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Should I wear the sparkly silver heels, or the pink pumps?" Stephanie asks holding the two options up in front of her and assessing which one looks better with the black dress she's wearing.

"I don't care. Just pick one," Savannah, Stephanie's cousin, groans sprawled out across Stephanie's bed dressed in skinny jeans and her own pair of stilettos.

It took classes starting for Stephanie to finally make her bed. Her hot pink comforter matches mine because there's a big light blue pinwheel of flowers decorating the center. The rest of her stuff also happens to carry a pink and blue theme, like her hair. From the corkboards she hung over her bed to the light up mirror she hung over her desk and the makeup she currently has strewn over the wood. We both bonded over the fact that once we put everything together our stuff matched more than it clashed.

A beep has me glancing over at the girl perched on the edge of my bed, tapping away on her self phone. Savannah and Megan came into the picture only a few hours after I met Stephanie. Savannah stands and she's already tall to begin with, but her heels emphasize her stature. Her long brown hair is straightened opposed to the usually ponytail she usually has it sleeked back in.

Megan reapplies her lip gloss before standing up. She's Savannah's roommate and the smallest out of the four of us. Her hair is a few shades lighter than Stephanie's and Savannah's, but still not even close to my blonde. Her hair is also the shortest. It hits just below her chin, and I've been meaning to ask which curling iron she uses to get such good beach waves in it.

Two weeks of classes and running around on campus. The girls are all ready for a party, while I'm just ready for the weekend.

"Eh, I'm wearing the pink." Stephanie tosses the silver heels aside.

"Great," Savannah breathes and straightens her floral tank top before heading towards the door.

I look down at my phone seeing it's already a quarter to ten. I scratch the back of my head before dropping my hand back down to my side. "Um, I don't think I'm going to come with you guys tonight."

I wasn't prepared for all their heads whip in my direction that fast. I also wasn't expecting all their wide eyes.

"What do you mean you're not coming? It's our first frat party!" Stephanie whines.

"I don't know. I just don't think I'm . . . ready," I fidget with the hem of my oversized pajama shirt because yes, I'm already settled with the idea of staying in. I'm already settled in my pajamas. "I'll just go with you guys to the next one."

"Oh no, no, no," Stephanie wobbles her way over to me and plops down on the bed in front of me. Her bright pink lower lip juts out in a pout. "You have to come."

"I don't know." I trace my finger over a flower on my comforter. "It's not really my thing."

"No one's going to shove alcohol down your throat," Savannah says, and that pricks my skin a little, but Stephanie quickly shoos her away.

"Don't listen to her." Stephanie says before laying her body on top of my legs and leaning her head in her hands. "What I will say, is that you never know if it's 'your thing' unless you go."

My lips mash together because she has a point, but I'm not ready to tell her that yet. Even though she begins pulling puppy dog eyes and deepens her pout.

"If you don't like it, we'll never ask you to go again." Now she's rocking a baby voice. She says she's majoring in business, but I think she should be doing theater, or maybe even law school with all her constant bartering. "Please?"