- chapter 6 • why do you care? -

Start from the beginning

"So you wanted to see me..?" Bokuto asked as he sat down in the chair next to Akaashi's hospital bed.

"Maybe.." Akaashi mumbled, he was embarrassed. Why was he so embarrassed? He has only known Bokuto for a couple days, not even. He stomach made a knot.

"Maybe..? What is that supposed to mean?" Bokuto laughed. It was like his positive personality spread, it made Akaashi happy.

Akaashi and Bokuto sat there chatting for awhile. Talking about random stuff like what they like, about themselves, just stuff like that.

"So.. what's your love life like? It's okay if you don't want to talk about it.." Bokuto said as he leaned over and put his hands together.

They sat there in silence for a couple of minutes. Akaashi was thinking if he should talk about it, even think about it.

"I.. have a boyfriend.." Akaashi said as he looked down at his lap. "I met him a year ago.. In our art major.."

Akaashi now was thinking of all the fun times they had together, the funny, the sad, the spicy times. He shivered when the word sexual came up. His stomach knotted, he imagined how it would be if his boyfriend was still... nice.

"I don't think I can talk about it.." Akaashi said as his hands started to shake.

"Hey! It's alright!" Bokuto noticed how scared Akaashi was once it came up.

"What time is it... and what even happened?" Akaashi asked.

"Well.. you totally black out earlier today.. but now it's.." Bokuto pulled his phone out and checked the time. "9:27 PM!"

"I feel stupid.. I'm sorry you had to go through that trouble.." He apologized.

"Hey hey! No worries! You should be worried about yourself, you really hit your head hard."

Akaashi smiled warmly, enough to make Bokuto's ears heat up as the blood rushed up there. Bokuto laughed.

"Can I ask.. a question? I know I have a lot but I'm just concerned.." Bokuto rubbed his neck.

"Can I ask one first?"

"Shoot."

Akaashi breathed in and exhaled the crisp air out. "Why.. do care about me? I mean you've only known me since yesterday.." Akaashi looked into Bokuto's eyes.

"Well.." Bokuto didn't know why he did, he just felt like he had to. "If I'm going to be honest.. I have no clue. You just seem like a really awesome dude!" Bokuto smiled cowardly.

Akaashi giggled. "So.. do you just feel like you have to?" Akaashi laughed, but he really felt like he was just a person to be pitied apon.

"Now. My question!" He exclaimed. But that soon turned serious. Akaashi was scared of that facial expression.

"I wanted to know.. where you got all those bruises and well.. hickeys on your neck." Bokuto stared at Akaashi deeply.

Akaashi was stunned at what he just asked. His hands started to shake from what happened the night he got them.

"I.. accident..?" He put an excuse.

"Clearly that's not a damn accident!" Bokuto yelled.

Akaashi was completely terrified of Bokuto's yelling. He put his hands up as if he was protecting himself as he shifted away from him.

Bokuto could see the fear in his eyes. "I.. I'm sorry if I scared you.." He looked down at his feet.

"That's also why Akaashi. Why are trying to protect yourself? Why did you flinch?" Bokuto looked at him.

Akaashi bit his lip. "I.. I don't want to talk about it! It's not important!" Akaashi raised his voice.

"Clearly it is important!" Bokuto screamed at he stood off of the chair.

"Stop!" Akaashi screamed as he put his hands up and shifted away from him. "Please don't hurt me.." He whispered.

Bokuto's eyes widened as what he slightly heard. "I.. would never.." He tried to reach to hold his hand.

Akaashi flinched as the hand was coming towards him. "D-Don't touch me!"

Bokuto felt terrible. He sat back in his chair and just stared at the wall.

Akaashi propped back up and sat there shaking.

"You know.. that's not a normal reaction.." Bokuto said quietly.

"Do you think I'm not fucking aware of that?! Do you think I want this damn reaction?!" He screamed back.

"I.. know.."

"I don't want it.. I don't want it.." Akaashi whispered repeatedly. Tears filled his eyes, they flushed out.

Bokuto looked up. He was crying, seeing him like this put a weight in in Bokuto's stomach.

"Can we just.. forget about this?" Bokuto asked. Akaashi nodded.

"So uhm.. you have a phone number?"

"Mhm.."

"Am I allowed to have it?"

"Sure.." Akaashi told him his phone number knowing he would surely get in trouble from his boyfriend.

They smiled at eachother as the tears rolled down Akaashi's face.

The sun has been down for awhile. The crickets chirped in the night as the two boys sat in silence, the cold hospital room beckoned around them.