02.| ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ

Start from the beginning

Landon scoffs. "Yeah, some clue. Everyone at this school knows Connor is a dick."

"Come on, Landon. Adultery, missing girls? It's like every TV show that old people watch." Hope says

Lucas nodded. "A "crime of passion," I think they call it. My dad loves those shows."

An unconvinced Landon stops walking and turns towards the two supernaturals in front of him.

"I know Connor. He's made my life a living hell, but he's not a killer. Trust me."

Hope sneers at his comment. "Trusting you is what got us into this mess in the first place."

"Ouch." Lucas whispers

Just then, Hope sees Connor over Landon's shoulder and nods towards him.

"Look, there he is."

The trio's attention was now on Connor.

"So, do you want to play good cop or bad cop? Because I don't think Emo cop is a thing." Hope says directly at Landon.

Landon rolled his eyes in frustration. "Oh, very funny. But while you were off making friends, Lucas and I did some searching of our own," he says pointing over at a girl.

Landon points at a girl walking down the hall who has blonde hair and is wearing a mismatched blue paisley handkerchief around her neck that clashes with the red and white sweater she's wearing.

"Scarf in the Virginia heat? Sounds like a lead, I think they call it." Landon says before walking towards the girl.

Hope glanced at Lucas before dragging him with her as they reluctantly follow Landon who seemed eager to get some information.

After a thirty-minute of using what Lucas likes to call his "mojo." they finally got shocking news out of the girl.

With that, the trio made their way towards the others who were by the benches outside the school.

"Great, Hope's already here." Lizzie huffs once she noticed the trio was first to her to Kaleb.

Kaleb doesn't seem surprised to see the others, but it's clear by the expression on his face that he feels betrayed by MG.

"I thought we were cool bruh." Kaleb scoffed

"Don't "bruh" him! Second place or not, we know you killed Dana!" Lizzie exclaimed

A shocked Hope looks at Lizzie and MG.

"Wait, Dana's dead?"

MG nodded. "Dr. Saltzman said they found her dead from a vampire bite."

MG gives Kaleb a knowing look, but Kaleb only becomes more agitated by their accusations

"I didn't kill her, so y'all need to get the hell out of my face," Kaleb says

Kaleb vamp-speeds away, but he doesn't get far, as Lizzie thrusts her hand out to cast a silent pain infliction spell on him. Her hand still raises, Lizzie dramatically leads the others toward their suspect, who is screaming in pain as he clutches his head near the woods.