21.| This Year Will Be Different

┏━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┑
    𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 TWENTY-ONE.
   [21] . This Year Will Be Different.
  【 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ❞
┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

FIRST DAY BACK TO school. Lucas's least favorite day in a year. There was no reason for him to attend school, he's graduated more than thirty times. He planned on making last year his last year of school, but then Alaric got moved. Which only made things difficult. Of course, Lucas would not leave Alaric by himself.

Which brings them to their present day.

"I was thinking I'd try out for the football team. I mean coach said he'd love me." Lucas said as he spun around in Alaric's desk chair.

Alaric snorted. "I thought you didn't want to participate in human activities."

"Well, you're not wrong. But I meant like, sleepovers and all that nonsense." Lucas replied. "But football, that's my go-to."

"Then try out, but you have to remember you've got more of an advantage now that you—"

"Have the remaining Grace and I'm fully recharged and unkillable." Lucas interrupted. "Yeah, I know."

The school bell rang indicating that first period was now in session.

"I've got to go check up on everyone. You stay here, we need to talk." Alaric says sternly before walking out of the office.

The Nephilim sighed loudly as he waited for the Principal to come back. He continued to mess around in the chair, but eventually, he got dizzy. And once he looked down he noticed in his reflection his eyes were glowing.

"Not again," Lucas whispered before opening all the desks in search of sunglasses.

Ever since he's got his grace, it became hard for him to control when his eyes turned to gold. And usually what followed after that was the veins. But luckily it was just the eyes this time.

"You are a blank slate, Miss Hope—" Alaric started off walking into the room. "Marshall."

Lucas cleared his throat. "Uh, who's this?"

The girl's breath hitched once her eyes landed on Lucas.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses inside?" Alaric questioned

Lucas gave him a knowing look which Alaric instantly caught onto.

"Hope, why don't you take a seat," Alaric suggests motioning to the couch. "Hope, this is Lucas. He's a pain in my ass."

The Nephilim rolled his eyes before grabbing the file from Alaric. "Daughter of Tom and Kathleen. You've got no transcripts from your last school."