[18] Bring it On

Izumi: i just bought the seijoh cover manga (vol 17) and its so beautiful i cant stop looking at it and its really tempting me to focus more on this story compared to the oneshot book because it just makes me love seijoh even more.

Its really so beautiful

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

Suddenly, the girls in the gym, besides the managers, started squealing. "Oikawa-san~!"

The three of them stopped fooling around and everyone looked at the person who just walked in.

"Aha! You're back." Coach Irihata greeted. "How's the ankle?"

"Solid! I'm good for regular practice now. It was just a light sprain after all." Oikawa replied while showing an "okay" sign with his hand.

"Sheesh. Be more careful in the future, okay?"

"I will, coach. Sorry."

On with Chapter 18:

3RD PERSON POV

"After all of your high and mighty demands to have Kageyama play, it's an embarrassment for us to get stuck without our star setter for nearly the whole game!" Coach Irihata scolded and Oikawa laughed awkwardly.

"Oikawa-san! Be careful!" the fangirls said while Oikawa just smiled back at them, causing them to squeal even more. Meanwhile, his friends just deadpanned at him.

"I don't know him."

"Yeah, same."

"What's his name again?"

"Who?"

After entertaining his fangirls, OIkawa finally faced Karasuno, more specifically his junior. "Hey there, Tobio-chan!" he called."It's been a while. You've grown!" Kageyama though, didn't respond to him and instead continued just staring while whispering some things to his teammates. "How's that king stuff going for you these days?" But he didn't manage to get an answer since he was interrupted by the coach.

"Anyway, go get warmed up!" Coach Irihata scolded again. "And be more thorough about it than usual! Watch that ankle!"

"Yes coach." Oikawa glanced at Kageyama before almost throwing himself onto the manager. "(N/n)!" "Watch your ankle!" (Y/n) stopped him from injuring himself even more, but that didn't stop him from draping himself onto her. "Did you miss me?" he asked. "Not at all." she replied, but you could hear the softness in her voice.

From a distance, the fangirls looked upon the two interacting like they usually do. Some were jealous, some were shipping the two. Some of them wanted to confront the manager about it, but they knew what would happen if they cause trouble. {i think it will be shown in the next chapter}

Also that (Y/n) couldn't care any less about them.

...

While Oikawa was warming up, Aoba Johsai couldn't stop the momentum and Karasuno managed to get to the match point.

"Tooru." (Y/n) called the captain. "Hm?" he hummed. "You noticed, right? No.6 and No.5. (Tsukishima & Hinata)" she pointed out.

"Yeah, I noticed it."

Finally, Oikawa moved towards the coach. "Uh-oh. Are we in trouble?" he asked. "..." Coach Irihata was not amused. "Warmed up?"

"Completely." Oikawa replied with an "okay" sign with his right hand.

Coach Irihata then called the referee for a player substitution. He decided to swap him with Kunimi as a pinch server instead of a setter.

"Oikawa-san!"

"Good luck!"

Oikawa went to the back to prepare for the serve. "No matter how powerful your offence is.." he said before lifting his arm and pointing to the other court, more specifically Tsukishima, "...it means nothing if you can't even get the ball into play."

When the whistle blew, Oikawa threw the ball up, ran, and jumped before hitting the ball to the other side. It was accurately hit over to the blonde who didn't manage to receive the ball properly. The ball bounced off of his arms and went up to the 2nd level of the gym, almost hitting the student but fortunately for them, it hit the railing instead.

"Yep. Thought so. I noticed this while watching you earlier and thanks to our manager." Oikawa said. "That tall no.6 over there...and shorty no.5 there..." he called out, "You aren't very good at receiving, are you? Are you both first years?"

That got Karasuno nervous.

"Okay. Let's do that again." Oikawa said as he got another ball and served it towards Tsukishima again.

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi exclaimed when Tsukishima failed to receive the ball again.

"Ooh. One more point and we tie it up." the captain said.

"Hey! You!" HInata shouted while flailing his arms and stomping the ground. "Send it to me next! I'll get it just perfect! Come at me!"

After Hinata's outburst, Daichi managed to calm everyone down. He told everyone to take a few steps back while he covered most of the court.

"All right. Bring it on!"

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: i reference the manga instead of the anime because imo it's easier so i might get some things inaccurate from the anime

hopefully will add more in the future 💕

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※