[28] Pre-Quarterfinals

Izumi: watching free! while writing this made me want to start the free fanfic soon. I should actually-

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

It was Oikawa's turn to serve.

He did the pre-serve routine before tossing the ball up, did a running start, and then jumping and hitting it over. The ball headed towards Tanaka who messed up the receive due to the ball hitting the side of his arms instead.

Seijoh scored the point and a timeout was called by Karasuno.

Meanwhile, with (Y/n)...

"Should I just go to Shiratorizawa's match?" she thought to herself.

On with Chapter 28:

3RD PERSON POV

It didn't take long for Karasuno to take another timeout when Tanaka got blocked on Oikawa's third serve.

'....I'm just gonna go to Shiratorizawa's match.' (Y/n) impulsively decided and headed towards the exit. 'Amako can take care of the team..I think.' "(Y/n)? Where are you heading?" Yuda asked when he noticed her walking away.

"Ah, uhm.." the (h/c-ette) tried to think of an excuse. "I'm just.. going to go to the toilet! And then maybe get a snack on the way back." she said, but if you listen closely, you can hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"Ah, okay!"

...

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" Semi asked when his lover attacked him with a hug before his match. "Can't I come to support you?" she said while rubbing her face onto his (stomach/chest/shoulder) {depending on your height, he is 179cm (5'10)}.

"You can, but don't you have a team to watch over?" Semi asked but (Y/n) just kept silent and continued digging her face into her boyfriend's body. He laughed at her actions and wrapped his arms around her frame before rocking side-to-side.

After a few minutes of talking, it was time for their match. "Good luck!" (Y/n) cheered one last time to her boyfriend before heading up to the spectator stand. At this point, she already forgot about her actual team who was playing in the next block.

Meanwhile, Amako looked in the stands for (Y/n)'s reaction, only to be met with an empty spot. 'Eh?!'

...

Back with (Y/n), she was observing the Shiratorizawa match more seriously than intended. Her original plan was to say hi to her lover and chat a little before going back to her own team, but she ended up staying until the end of the first set.

It all started when she went up to the spectator stands without thinking about it, but she only realized it when she had already reached the seats. '...Watching the warm-ups won't hurt, right?' was what she said to herself before losing track of time and then getting interested in the first set.

While watching the match and subconsciously taking down some notes about it, she only realized how long she had been staying there when the referee had announced the end of the first set. It wasn't surprising to her that Shiratorizawa took the first set, but it was surprising how long she ended up staying. 'Wait... it's the end of the first set??' she thought while internally panicking.

(Y/n) got up from her seat and brisk walked her way out of the spectator stand and to the gym where her team was at to see them changing out of their jerseys and into the inverted one. 'Perfect timing.' she thought.

She walked to her junior who was looking intensely at her notes with a hard blush on her face. "Get used to it." she advised Amako and stood beside her. "Congrats on making it to the quarterfinals!"

"Thanks, (n/n)." Oikawa thanked her. "But.." as he said that, the usual group of four crowded around her with furrowed eyebrows and narrowed stares.

"Where were you, young lady?"

"What did you do when you left?"

"Were you running off with your lover?"

"What is this? The 19th century?" she responded but that didn't stop the "bullying" she received from her friends.

From nudges to gentle slaps and punches, the third years did all they could to harass their manager as a form of punishment for supporting another team instead of her own. By that point, Amako had already gone to her fellow first years.

"Anyways, what did I miss?" (Y/n) asked after fixing her hair from all the ruffling she was given.

They explained how they got the last point and that they won 2 of the 3 sets against Karasuno. " "The next time that Karasuno looks like they're going to use a quick, Tobio will use the god-like quick." was what I said." Oikawa quoted himself before they got the last point and won the match.

"Wow! How did you know?" (Y/n) asked, genuinely intrigued. "I'm glad you'd like to hear the Great Oikawa-sama explain, (N/n)!" the said "great Oikawa-sama" slung his arm around her shoulders and "(N/n)" rolled her eyes. "Because Tobio evolved thanks to all of the players in Karasuno, he's starting to learn how to trust for the first time."

"When the deuces continued, his physical and mental fatigue were at their peak. In the eleventh hour, when they were cornered, it was then they were given a crucial chance. At the moment, Tobio only had one chance."

...

While Seijoh was resting before their match against Senseki, the managers quickly made their way back to the water fountains to refill the water bottles. "Ah, I have to go to the toilet real quick!" Amako said before screwing the cap of the bottle she was holding, placing it back in the tray and brisk walked her way to the toilet nearby.

The first year apparently took so long that (Y/n) ended up finishing the rest of the water bottles and had a couple of minutes to herself while waiting.

"What took you so long?" (Y/n) asked when she saw her fellow manager walk up to her.

"I went to poop!"

"...Why do you sound so happy about it?"

=================

extra info:

- i honestly planned to write a match for shiratorizawa but when it was time, i ended up not wanting to and i apologize

- i dont think im going to write the quarter and semifinals too

- it's very normal to see y/n getting "bullied" by her fellow third years. it's not like she's the "victim" 24/7, she's just the easiest target for them

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: i tried to get back into coding a website but all i ended up doing was feeling anxious for not understanding what the fuck was happening :(( i'll figure out a way

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※