[27] Karasuno II

Izumi: i might be skipping parts of the matches bc not gonna lie i got bored of it and im sorry

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

Oikawa went under the ball to supposedly set it, but instead, he dumped the ball over by spiking it. It irked Karasuno and even his own manager. "What a bitch.." (Y/n) muttered under her breath when she witnessed him do that.

"Come on, come on. I'll be doing the same thing again. Don't stand there so out of it. Pay attention." Oikawa said to provoke the opponents, which actually worked.

In the next rally, Oikawa got under the ball and jumped to dump the ball once again, but changed his form the last second into a setting position and set the ball to Iwaizumi, who spiked it over.

"..." (Y/n)'s thought didn't change.

On with Chapter 27:

3RD PERSON POV

It was Oikawa's turn to serve and the fangirls were screaming and squealing. "So noisy.." (Y/n) muttered under her breath for the umpteenth time that day.

Nishinoya managed to receive the ball, just barely, and Hinata shouted for the ball. "Bring it!" he shouted to Kageyama, who then looked away to trick Kindaichi but ended up tossing it to Hinata anyways.

Meanwhile, Oikawa noticed this gesture and verified his and his manager's observations. "Took him long enough." (Y/n) thought

After a few more serves, Oikawa smirked once he confirmed the observations. "Sensei! Sensei!" he whisper-yelled to the coach while doing a 'T' using his hands. The coach noticed this and immediately asked for a timeout. Currently, it was only the first set and the score was 4-3, with Seijoh leading, but he didn't question it, he trusts Oikawa.

The two teams then gathered around their coaches at their own sides.

While Amako was passing around the water bottles, Oikawa started to talk, "(Y/n) told me this before and I noticed it during the match, that the shrimp would always yell something when he'd move in on the ball, "bring it" and "to me". "

"At first, I thought it's pretty stupid. But when they use that god-like quick attack, it appears they're using "bring it", like "bring it here" or "bring it to me". And with a normal one, they're using "to me. But that shrimp's role is to be the decoy. They want us to focus our attention on him. So let's just set up a simple rule. When we hear "bring it", let's just have one person mark the shrimp. When we hear "to me", let's see where the toss goes before we jump. Okay?" Oikawa explained while the coaches were looking at him proudly.

"Ossu!"

"Considering we took a timeout this early when nothing's really happened yet, don't you think they realized that we've realized what they're doing?" Iwaizumi pointed out. As if she could hear him, (Y/n) looked towards Karasuno and noticed them slightly panicking.

"That's completely fine." Oikawa reassured. "It's actually better if they realize it." Iwaizumi was confused. "If they know that we've realized they're using those signals, it might be minimal, but Tobio will panic."

Not long after, the whistle tweeted again to signal the end of timeout.

"All right. Let's go ahead with our plan." Oikawa said while Kindaichi prepared to serve. "Kindaichi, you know where to aim, right?" "Hai!"

"Kindaichi, nice serve!" Kindaichi then hit the ball over towards Asahi. Said ace went to receive the ball but instead of bouncing off his arms, it just dropped. "Eh? That didn't look like a strong serve." someone from the cheer team said.

"Because their setter is in the backline, he has to run in front of the guy Kindaichi is aiming for to move to the front line. So by the time Karasuno's #4 gets to receive the ball, it's already too late and the momentum is gone." (Y/n) willingly explained to them. "But, it's not an impossible serve to get."

As she said that, Asahi successfully manages to receive the serve and pass it over to Kageyama, for him to set to Daichi and score a point.

...

In the next rally, the ball was passed to Kageyama, who tried to dump the ball, but due to him panicking, his dump was obvious and Oikawa managed to block it. At the same time, he taunted Kageyama from the other side of the net, and now the points were 9-4, with Seijoh leading.

...

"Toss to me!" Hinata shouted in the next rally.

Iwaizumi and KIndaichi, who were by the net, thought about what Oikawa mentioned during the timeout. "When we hear "to me", let's see where the toss goes before we jump. Okay?"

However, the ball was set to Hinata anyways and Kindaichi jumped on time for a block. Hinata panicked and hit the ball over carelessly, but still managed to hit it over and score a point anyways.

...

It was Oikawa's turn to serve.

He did the pre-serve routine before tossing the ball up, did a running start, and then jumping and hitting it over. The ball headed towards Tanaka who messed up the receive due to the ball hitting the side of his arms instead.

Seijoh scored the point and a timeout was called by Karasuno.

Meanwhile, with (Y/n)...

"Should I just go to Shiratorizawa's match?" she thought to herself.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: 

me: *complains about seijoh not having much screentime*

Also me: skips 3 episodes of their match because it was kinda boring and irrelevant for the story as of now

Guys im genuinely sorry

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※