[9] Lunch talk

Izumi: honestly this chapter is just compilation of conversations because i dont know what else to put here.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Don't be afraid to ask for help, okay?" the manager told him. Watari suddenly got shy and blushed a bit. "Mmm." he hummed while giving a small nod.

On with Chapter 9:

3RD PERSON POV

"We got some weird first years this year." Hanamaki said before eating his lunch. " "Weird"? I think they're interesting. Unique, y'know?" (Y/n) said.

"MMMmmmm, "unique"." Matsukawa commented.

"They're not that bad!" (Y/n) added. 

"That's because they're only nice to you!"

"They are?" (Y/n) asked as she didn't really know how the other first years treat the other members.

If you look at it at a different perspective, you can see that Kyotani actually responds to (Y/n) and (Y/n) only. Yahaba tries to help only (Y/n). Meanwhile Watari is being the good and hardworking boy he is.

...

"Anyways, I heard from one of the first years that they recognized you, (Y/n)." Matsukawa told their manager. "Eh? Who? From where?" (Y/n) asked since she didn't expect to get recognized by people outside of Aoba Johsai.

"They said they've seen you at our previous matches. I think some recognized you from Kitagawa Daiichi too." Matsukawa added.

"Huh?" (Y/n) asked in disbelief. "How..Why..Why? Did I do something? Why would they remember me when I did nothing." 

"Maybe because Oikawa is always noisy and brings unwanted attention to us." Iwaizumi suddenly said. Everyone at the table laughed except for Iwaizumi who just continued eating and Oikawa who whined. 

"Iwa-chan!"

...

"Did you guys hear about the arm wrestling competition happening in class 3-3?" Hanamaki brought up.

"Arm wrestling?" (Y/n) asked. "Iwa-chan, you should try!" Oikawa suggested.

"Huh?" Iwaizumi responded in confusion.

"Yeah, Hajime! You should compete!" (Y/n) joined in.

"..." Iwaizumi said nothing as he was still a bit confused.

"Please?"

"....Fine."

==T I M E S K I P==

Originally they were being hesitant to even enter the classroom because they were a year younger and felt inferior to their upperclassmen, but they managed to get Iwaizumi into the competition when they recognized one of their senpais present there.

Iwaizumi beat the first few contestants easily, the matches only lasted for a few seconds. The next few matches last slightly longer, but still were a breeze for the ace.

Iwaizumi ended up getting further than any of them thought, the finals.

He ended up winning against a lot of third years despite being only one of the few underclassman present.

He was now up against the captain of the tennis club. When the matched started, both of them struggled as they tried to push the opponent's arm back and counter the attack.

It lasted for a seconds, but it felt like hours to the competitors, before Iwaizumi somehow managed to break through.

"Iwa-chan/Hajime/Iwaizumi!"

When he won that final match, his friends exclaimed his name loudly. Oikawa and (Y/n) glomped onto him while Matsukawa and Hanamaki ruffled his hair aggressively. 

Iwaizumi was then named as the (unofficial?) Arm Wrestling Champion of Aoba Johsai

Iwaizumi was then named as the (unofficial?) Arm Wrestling Champion of Aoba Johsai. He even received a sash for it!

...

On the way back to their class, (Y/n) brought up a thought.

"Hey, Mattsun, Makki." she called out to the duo who then turned towards their manager. "Can I call you guys by your first name?"

"Considering we're already calling you by your first name, of course you could." Hanamaki answered. "But why all of a sudden?"

"Someone said I was "trying to copy Oikawa-senpai and act cute like he does". (Y/n) explained as her face showed slight disgust. "But being like Oikawa is one of the last few things I'd want to do." she added.

"What does that mean?!" Oikawa's whine went unheard.

"So you're just gonna call me "Issei" now? No cute nicknames anymore?" Matsukawa teased the manager.

"Hm, I guess so. What do you think, Issei ?" (Y/n) asked as she emphasized on his name. Matsukawa's heart got pierced by an invisible arrow and he became speechless.

"Matsukawa? Are you okay?" Hanamaki asked.

"Did I do something wrong, Hiro ?" Hanamaki's heart got pierced too.

(Y/n) actually started panicking a little when the duo stopped responding to her. She looked towards Iwaizumi and Oikawa for help, but they just sweatdropped.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: y/n calling makki "hiro" and mattsun "issei" is hot and you cant tell me otherwise.

WAIT I JUST REMEMBERED MATTSUN SNEEZING IS GONNA GET ANIMATED AND THAT WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME mattsun pick me up

honestly this is probably the last year 2 chapter before we go to main plot bc i got no more scenarios for year 2, i think. idk. this is either the last or second last !

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※