[30] Lost

Izumi: omg its amako and-

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"I think we have to go now." (Y/n) tightened her grip around him. "(N/n), let go, you need to be there too, you know?" Semi pried her arms off of him. "Good luck out there. " he gave her a kiss back on the forehead and headed towards his team.

Not wanting to be stubborn, (Y/n) too headed back to her own team and got welcomed by the normal group. "Where's our good luck kiss?"

"..." She actually did not want to entertain them, but she suddenly got an idea in mind. She kissed the inside of both of her hands and smacked them either on their face or their arm.

"There. Good luck."

On with Chapter 30:

3RD PERSON POV

Currently, (Y/n) was hugging her captain out of comfort as he cried into her shoulder.

They had lost to Shiratorizawa in the finals with the score 0-2.

In the last rally, Kunimi, Kindaichi, and Iwaizumi jumped to stop the ball from being scored. But Ushijima being Ushijima, managed to spike the ball through and scored the last point.

23-25 was what was shown on the scoreboard, and Shiratorizawa had won their 2nd set.

They cheered for their win while Seijoh was either upset or frustrated, or both even.

"All of our practices, experience, and strategies are being broken by force. Well, I guess the actual path to victory doesn't really matter. The one that lets the ball fall on the court loses. That's everything." Oikawa said to himself while glaring at the ground. (Y/n) noticed his actions from the side and got worried.

The referee blew the whistle and told the two teams to gather at the ends of the court. "Thank you for the game!" they said before going to the net to shake hands while the coaches, managers, and spectators clapped.

Walking back to their own team, the couple coincidentally made eye contact with each other. Semi had a worried expression on his face, but (Y/n) just turned away from him. She didn't think it was the right time for them to meet, not yet at least.

After exiting the gym and into the hallways, Oikawa dragged (Y/n) to a secluded hallway. He then hugged her and placed his face on her shoulder. Knowing how he is, (Y/n) just kept quiet and rubbed his back in comfort while he cried his frustration out.

The team followed their captain a distance away to be greeted with him crying and their manager comforting him.

Said manager noticed them and their sad expressions and opened her arms. The first to notice was Yahaba as he immediately ran into her arms. It didn't take long for the others to join in. Some willingly, some got dragged into the group hug.

'You all did your best, and that's all that matters.'

...

After everyone got back from the stadium, Coach Irihata and Mizoguchi gave the team one last briefing at their school gym before dismissing them.

They had decided to give the team a week-long break for all their hard work.

"How about we go to the beach?" (Y/n) suggested the idea during the briefing. "Since for once we're not training our butts off, why not use this time to relax? Have a team bonding day, y'know?"

The team murmured among themselves and came to the conclusion that they wouldn't mind having a club outing to the beach.

"Great! I'll text you all the details!" and with that, they were dismissed.

Since (Y/n) and Amako wanted to give them space, they decided to exit the school first.

"Do you wanna get some boba?" the third year suggested as she had a sudden craving for the drink. "E-Eh?! Um.." she looked towards her junior and raised an eyebrow.

"Um.. I have to... be home soon! Sorry, (Y/n)-senpai!" Amako said before running off somewhere.

Looking at the distancing figure, (Y/n) said to herself, "Isn't her house the opposite way?"

...

"Sorry to keep you waiting!" Amako apologized to a familiar person waiting on a bench. "Are you sure you don't want to do this another day? Aren't you tired?" she didn't want the male to strain himself after having to compete in the Finals a couple of hours ago.

"N-No! It's fine!" Goshiki stammered. "If it wasn't, I wouldn't have suggested this.." he said and both of them blushed.

"W-Well! Let's go get some boba. I know a nice place around here."

Meanwhile, (Y/n) felt a pang in her heart and stopped in her tracks.

"Did something happen?"

"I just.. I felt like I got betrayed." she said and her companion started at her in confusion.

...

"Oh! It's pretty good!" Goshiki said when he took a sip of his drink. Since he does not buy the drink often, he didn't know what to get. So he asked for Amako's recommendation.

"I know right! This place is really good for being a small business." Amako agreed before taking a sip of her drink. "I always go here with (Y/n)-senpai."

"I think it's time to go home. It's getting dark." she said when she noticed the sun setting. Since she was distracted with the sun, she didn't notice the disappointment on Goshiki's face.

"Ah, um, well.." he said and managed to grab her attention. "Do you.. Can we..still hang out another time?" he shyly requested while looking away.

Amako turned shy too at the question. "Yeah, sure!"

The male's head whipped towards her. "Really?!" he faked a cough to pretend to clear his throat. "Really?" he asked again, calmer this time and Amako laughed at his antic.

"Yes. Yes, Goshiki. Let's hang out again."

=================

extra info:

- now that i think about it, if amako was meeting up with ushijima instead, thats gonna be hella funny and awkward

"arent you tired? are you sure?"

"yeah."

"..."

- how did goshiki and amako keep in contact with each other?

They met up coincidentally at the toilet and somehow managed to exchange phone numbers

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: did somebody say, beACH EPISODE?

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※