Chapter 2

**Flashback***

My mother and father kissed passionately, causing a romantic sigh from me, and a gag noise from my brother, Andy. My mom giggled at our reactions, and we all said goodbye to my dad as he headed out of the house.

"Mom are you and dad soul mates?" I asked dreamily.

My mom smiled "We're mates"

I frowned, I was 5 and had no idea what that was. "What are 'mates' ?"

My mom sat down next to me on the couch. "Mates are like soul mates but stronger. They have a connection that can never be broken. They love eachother instantly, without hesitation or resistence because they know no one could ever compare. They're each other's other half, the love of their life. When your old enough, you'll find your mate and love him forever"

***End of Flashback***

The memory came flooding back to me in seconds after looking at this amazing creature. I let my eyes roam his fit body before locking eye contact with him, my body tingleing in desire. He smelt so wonderful..... I had to force myself not to jump him.

"Hi" He smiled amazingly, his sharp teeth hardly showing. My heart jumped at hearing his  sexy voice.

"Hi" I smiled back taking a step closer to him. Did he even realize he was my mate? Theres the possiblity that as a vampire, his feelings and reactions are different. Yet I felt myself walking closer until I was only a few inches in front of him.

He smiled brighter staring intently into my eyes. "What's your name?" he asked.

"Sky, yours?"

"Declan" I felt electricity in the air, buzzing like crazy, pulling me closer to him whether I wanted to or not.

        Without a second thought my arms were wrapped around his neck and I was kissing him passionately. He instantly responded, trying to pull me closer, closing an invisible gap between us. It was a pleasure I've never felt. My body fit perfectly in his, and every part of me said I belong here. it was so intense I felt my body shake in pleasure, simply from the taste of his lips. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist, and he took hold of them running his hands up and down my thighs. I felt him nibble on my lip and a moan escaped my mouth. His tongue trailed along my lip asking for entranced which I gladly gave. After a minute, I reluctantly pulled back to breathe and he mimicked my movement. He put his forehead to mine and looked into my eyes. His eyes had changed from loving and sexy to lustful. I could feel how much he wanted me, and tried to calm him down by attempting to jump off of him, but he held me tighter.

"Your beautiful" he whispered lovingly. I new this was strange - more then strange, completely mental infact - he's a vampire and I'm a werewolf. The idea of us even being alone was horrific, unimaginable, insane. The stories I've heard of what happens when a werewolf crosses a vampire's path are those of nightmares and warning. Vampires and werewolves are not kind to eachother, they don't talk and don't reason. They fight till the death. But I couldn't even begin to let that stop me from being attracted to him in a way I have never known possible. I couldn't think about any of the warnings, about the fact I had never seen him before or knew nothing but his name. All I could think was mine. 

"Your not so bad yourself" I smiled. Amusement shined in his eyes before setting me down reluctantly.

I knit my brows "What are you doing out here? There aren't any vampire Clans for miles around."

"I'm the prince" he shrugged as though it made total sense.

"So?" I really don't get the whole way vampires work. They were so confusing, clan here, clan there, some drank blood, some didn't, some were drop-dead gorgeous and others were hideous. It never seemed to be of any importance so I never cared to find any of it out.

He rolled his eyes "So I decided I needed a break, and because I'm the prince I'm granted certain privilages that allow me to travel farther out. Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with your pack?" 

"I'm a rogue" I shrugged, nonchallant about the phrase many of my kind spit in disgust. 

He raised his eye brows "Really? Alone? You know you can get hurt," he sounded angry at me for this, as though suddenly my safety was his only concern. 

"Nah I'm fine, my boys protect me" I beamed, thinking of my two favorite people in the world. 

He stiffened "What boys?" his eyes were hard, and burned into mine. I could sense the resentment he felt toward any guy I could be with, and knew without a doubt that I was his. 

"Andy and Luke" I smiled, teasing this jealousy he so obviously felt. 

"Who are they?" he almost yelled. 

"My brothers" I giggled. He visibly relaxed. It's adorable when guys are jealous.

I sighed "So how does this-" I pointed to the two of us "-work? Vampires and Werewolves?"

"I'm not sure, I've never heard of it before" He sighed wrapping his arms around my waist. I loved the feeling of his arms around me.

         I new this story was much more complex then the simplicity of our feelings for eachother.  Our two species hated eachother - with a passion. I had never actually come into contact with a vampire other then this moment, so I couldn't say that I hated vampires. I was raised hiding from werewolf packs with my brothers - vampires, weren't on my top of priorities - let alone hating them. 

"Come on" he smiled pulling me along with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked before we both took off with equal speed into the woods. It surprised me, I have never met anyone, or anything that could keep up with me. After about 20 minutes we stopped outside of a metal gate about 40 feet high at least.

"Your going to meet my parents," he said pulling me up to the gate and waving at a guard who automatically opened it. The guard had cold black eyes, so unlike Declan's it sent chills down my back. I followed him in and started shaking. I know I love him - he's my mate, I loved him the first second I saw him - but seriously? Can't we get to know each other a little before I meet his parents?

"I don't know about this Declan" I whispered into his ear, causing him to tighten his grasp on my hand. "Werewolves and Vampires aren't a good mix. You know that." Everyone knows that. 

"Don't worry" he smiled, causing my heart beat to race. Not the best idea when your in a village of vamps who have no heart beat. He could instantly feel my heart quicken, and smirked wildly at me. I bit my lip and looked around. It looked a lot like what I thought it would. A lot of small houses all surrounding a cryptic stone castle. Permenant. Meant to last centuries. 

"Wow" I murmured. Declan grinned and continued in.