Chapter 8

“Hey Gorgeous” Eric smiled walking over to me as I waited for him by his car.
I got a little sour twist in my stomach, but I chose the ignore it. “Hey Eric” 

He smiled and unlocked his car, opening the passenger side for me. “In you go my lady.” 

“Wow I feel so special.” I laughed and sat in the car. 

“You should.” He winked and closed the door. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to get in. 

“So how was your day?” He asked. 

I shrugged “Fine I guess.” 

He pursed his lips and looked out on the road in deep thought. 

“We’re still on for a movie tonight right?” He asked, his blue eyes dark. 

“Of course, it’s Friday your pick.” I smiled. 

He nodded and ran a hand through his sandy blonde hair. 

“Are you ok?” I frown. 

“Yes. Of course.” He turned to look at me, a small smile on his face. 

I nodded reluctantly biting my lip. He wasn’t usually this quite for no reason.
He turned to radio up, and laughed at the song. I joined along with him - A thousand miles was playing. Last week we had watched the super old movie White Chicks - my choice - and had laughed the whole time. 

“Making my way downtown walking fast, faces passed, and I’m home bound!” I scream out, butchering the song but not really caring. 

“Staring blankly ahead, just making my way, making my way, through the CROOWD!” Eric bellowed singing along with me, and even though we were completely ruining the song, his voice sounded good. 

“CAUSE’ I NEED YOU! AND I MISS YOU! AND NOW I WONDERRR!!!” We chanted banging on the headboard with the beat. I laughed and watched Eric scream out the chorus raising the volume higher.

“If I can just hold you....TONIGHT!” I sang out smiling brightly. 

We broke out laughing as the song ended while he turned the corner to my house. 

He parked and he look at quickly before yelling, “Race you to the house!” then jumped out the door. 

“No fair!” I laughed jumping and running to catch up.  

 *********************************************************************

“Are we watching a movie or what?” I asked smiling slightly as I watched Eric run around my house - getting the perfect popcorn, perfect pillows, perfect movie - he is such as perfectionist. 

Um, Ya, Yup.” He mumbled, looking around and mentally checking everything off, whilst carefully placing a large bottle of Pepsi down. 

“Relax, we’ve watched movies before, its not a big deal...” I shrugged. 

“Ya, I know.” He nodded, looking up at me as if seeing me there for the first time. He had a pained look in his eyes - but in a flash it was gone, instead his usual happy smile and sparkling eyes replaced it. He sighed and took a seat next to me on the couch. 

“So what movie are we watching?” 

“Planet of the Apes” 

That's what you chose?” I raised my eyebrows at him. 

“It’s a Classic.” 

“It’s about how unbelievable it’d be to see monkeys talking. It’s like, an insult to talking dogs, which I must remind you we are.” 

“You take things too personally.”

“I do not.”  

“Your reading into the movie too much. I doubt the directer personally wanted to make werewolves feel bad.” 

“You don’t know that.” I responded lamely. 

He rolled his eyes, a small smile on his face, before pressing the play button. 

Sighing I leaned further into the couch making myself comfortable. Eric wrapped his arm around the back of my seat and we started watching the previews in silence. I spent the first half of the movie snacking on popcorn, and was soon feeling a dry itching feeling in my throat. 

“Thirsty?” Eric asked, as though reading my mind. 

“Yep.”

He leaned forward, pouring me a glass of Pepsi with shaky hands. He turned and handed me the glass, never once looking at my face. I frowned, and took the glass from him.

“Are you ok?” I asked. 

“Ya, I’m fine.” He responded rushed, still not looking at my face. 

“Eric..” 

“I’m fine Sky.” He looked at me finally, with a sad smile on his face. His eyes portrayed something different though - they were dark, frustrated, and sorry

I frowned and took a sip out of the glass, thinking about how weird he’s been acting lately. 

But in an instant my head began to burst with pain, and go foggy. My eyes burned from the flicker of the lamp light, and I felt the room shift. Everything was a thick blur, I couldn’t see anything but Eric’s faint outline as my head throbbed. 

“I’m sorry.” Eric whispered, pain in his voice. My eyes fluttered, and I wanted to talk but I couldn’t. I couldn’t think. I couldn’t move.

There was a pounding at the door, which was replaced by the stampede of boots running around the house. “Where is she!” a male voice demanded from somewhere nearby. 

“Over here!” 

“Pick her up!” 

“Hurry there isn’t much time!” 

Everyone was screaming, yelling, running. A blur of colors flashing. Someone picked me up, and as they did, I screamed out in the pain. We were running, out the door in seconds. Memories, all flashing in an instant - Andy, Luke, Mom, Dad, Declan....Declan.... 

“Let her go!” Someone’s muffled voice demanded. 

I fell hard on the cold floor, my head banging into a thick rock. I new I was bleeding, but I couldn’t process it. I couldn’t hear, couldn’t focus. 

Then it went black.