Chapter 7

So I wrote this a WHILE ago, but didn't like it too much...tell me what you think :) 

______________________________

I woke up still in the car. The night was pitch black, the moon shining brighting causing my inner wolf to ache with the need to run and roam free. More than anything it wanted me to run back to my mate as quickly as possible, allowing nothing and no one to stand between me and the person that made life worth living.  

To bad I couldn’t.

Tears streamed down my face at the thought of him. I can’t control it, I can’t control the past, it just is. No looking back now. I said what I said, possibly breaking his heart in the process.... but it was all for the better. I’d rather be without him than see him dead. It was the best for him too, he'd move on eventually. As one of the most cliche quotes ever says, 'If you love someone let them go." 

 “Sky?” Luke asked. 

 “hmm?” I questioned, wiping my face, my head throbbing. 

 “I know...I know we weren’t exactly...nice to him. But it hurts seeing you this way. But believe me, you did what's best for him, you’ll see.” 

 I closed my eyes. “I know” 

 “RUN!” my dad roared, pushing all of us, Luke, Andy, and I, out the door. 

“No daddy please,” I cried, hugging his leg with all my 6-year-old might. 

He bent down and pulled me off, “Sky you have to be brave for me ok? All of you do.” He looked up at my brothers, especially 15-year-old Luke. 

“I can’t come. Promise me you’ll be strong.” He held my arms tightly. In the background I could hear screams. Crys. People begging for mercy. Houses ablaze in a neon fire, taking everything I knew, everything I loved. 

“I promise,” I said, tears along my face, eyes swollen. I wanted to say goodbye to my mom, but she had left as soon as the trouble began. When she left, I hadn’t known she’d never come back. 

“I love you kids.” he hugged us all tightly, and I wished with all my heart to stay like that forever. 

Then an explosion rang out. 

Next the cries of my mother. 

Then silence. 

I screamed with all my might. “MOM! NO! Mommy!” I yelled trying to fight my brothers to run to her. 

“GO NOW! Take care of each other!” My dad screamed pushing us harder. “Don’t stop running!” 

Those were his last words to us. 

Then he was gone. 

And we ran. 

We have never stopped running.