Chapter 9

“Is she up?” 

“She’s responding” 

“What did you give her?”

“Morphine” 

“What the hell did she need that for? What the fuck did you give her to begin with - ?” 

“Shh she’s waking!” 

I slowly opened eyes and took a minute to focus in the brightly lit room I was in. A room...no a tent....who are these people?...

I tried to breath normally but found that tubes were jammed into my arms...needles. Was I connected to a machine? 

“Sweetly, honey breathe. Slow your heart rate.” 

I tried to do as told and felt my muscles were stiffened and I needed to stretch. 

My throat was dry, my tongue like paper. I looked up and focused on a middle aged, kind looking women with short brown hair and blunt bangs. 

“Where am I?” I managed to croak in a voice much too horse to be my own. In a split second images came rushing to my mind - a forest, people....werewolves?....a pack...I’m part of a pack?....my family are all dead....a revolution....I’m part of a revolution against vampires?....

The images came rushing toward me as though a new stream of memories were fixing themselves into my brain. The rush was like a train running me over and over and over. I heard a faint whimper somewhere in the background that turned into screaming. Someone was screaming at the top of their lungs louder and louder till my ears were ringing, practically bleeding, from the sound. People started pulling me and shoving needles into my arms and legs where ever space was available. A loud beeping noise was coming somewhere near me - it seemed to be a machine on the verge of flat lining. 

It was only then that I realized I was the one screaming. 

“Hurry she’s dieing!” 

Then I was put back to sleep. 

                     &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

“Sweetie?” A women called out to me in the blackness.

“Honey open your eyes.” 

I did as told, and took only a second to focus on the familiar scene - a tent, a middle aged women I could now recognize as Mary. 

“Mary...” I mumbled my body feeling heavy and stiff. 

The smile that erupted onto her face depicted pure bliss. 

“Yes.. Yes I am Mary. And do you remember your name?..” she continued. 

I strained to voice out my answer, “Ira” 

If possible her smile widened. “And your parent’s names?” 

I sighed and turned toward her, “I...don’t know.” 

“Where are your parents?” 

“Dead” 

“By who’s hand?” 

“The King of Vampires” 

“Do you have any siblings?” 

I smiled sadly at her, “Mary you know these things, I have no other family. I am an only child.” 

She sighed happily, looking like someone who had lifted a weight off her shoulders. 

“Yes, yes well after the accident we had to be sure your memory had not been tainted.” 

“Rest assured my memory hasn’t been.” I smiled kindly. “What is it that happened to me anyway Mary? Why am I in the hospital wing?” My mind throbbed. 

“Don’t worry about it now Ira. Rest please.” 

I laid my head back down on the pillow and looked out of the tent’s open doors that led to a forest of thick trees. I closed my eyes, and within seconds a storm of heavily clad feet stampeded into the room. I opened my eyes, and let them rest upon the familiar faces of the rebellion. 

“Captain Maxwell!” Mary practically ran to him. “She is much better than expected. Ira is feeling just fabulous aren’t you?” She turned to me, eyes gleaming. 

I nodded and smiled at the captain. “I’m so sorry Max, I’m sure I’ll be ready to go out with the troops soon. I’m already feeling better in fact.” I beamed a smile at the man who I had known my whole life - who had taken me in after my parents died, trained me, and taught me about my true meaning in life - to kill vampires. 

“And Troy! - “ I laughed at my long time friend, with his dirty blonde hair and boyish features. “ - it looks as though I’ve gotten my self into one this time haven’t I?” I laughed freely, expected it to be accompanied by his light laughter I so remember. But what I got in return was pure shock. Maxwell - with his dark features and broad shoulders didn’t comfort me that way my memory told me he usually did, instead he stared at me, critically as though figuring out a math problem. 

“Troy?” I looked at him confusingly. To my dismay, his facial expression mirrored mine. 

Maxwell elbowed him in some short of warning before both of their faces instantly lit up in happiness.

“Yes well you always were the trouble maker Ira.” he laughed and walked nearer to me. I sighed in relief. “And you as well, I know. Now can someone inform me of what exactly happened?” I looked pleadingly into Max’s eyes. He smiled sadly at me, “Not now, it’s simply not important. The important part is that your back home safe and sound.” 

I nodded, “ I guess your right. Have either of you seen Eric? I hope I can see him, is he ok?” 

Troy narrowed his eyes at me for a moment and took my left hand - the one nearest him. “What do you remember Razzy?” I smiled at the familiar childhood nickname. “Yoyo, - “ I replied using my childhood nickname for him, “ - I remember going out on a mission, - I don’t remember what the goal was - with Eric as my partner. We were in the forest, taking the usual route....then it all got dark. And I ended up here with you three.” I looked into Troy’s eyes, “Is he alright?” 

Troy smiled and nodded, “Yes he is alright. I can ask him to come visit you if he’s not busy. I’m sure he won’t be.” 

Maxwell stepped up and put a hand on Troy’s arm, “..Well we don’t know exactly what Eric’s doing now, he might be in a meeting. We’ll try to get him to come.” 

“Excellent. Thank you.” I beamed them both a smile, before sighing contently. “Well can I at least ask you how long I have been under? It couldn’t have been more than a few days...” 

Troy shook his head sadly at me, “Razzy you’ve been out for nearly two weeks.” 

_______________________

I realize i haven't updated in the longest possible time ever...but i got this sudden burst of energy to write, so i did! What do you guys think of Ira? :) :) :)