Chapter 10

After another day in the hospital wing, I was released - much to my excitement. I still haven’t seen Eric, and have had a weird feeling that Max was keeping him from me for some reason. I ventured out of the tent, wearing the clothing that I normally did - black pants, knee high boots, and a corset over a white pirate shirt with red detail - over which I wore a jacket that reached just below my chest, and riding gloves. I ran past the familiar faces that I had grown up with, waving to a few who I new more personally, before entering Eric’s tent. 

His back was turned toward me - he seemed to be looking down at the table in front of him reading the map that was placed there. 

“Eric!” I yelled, smiling brightly. He turned and his face mirrored mine - pure happiness. 

He ran toward me and scooped me into a tight hug. His smile suddenly faltered “Ira?”. His bright blue eyes searched mine, looking for something. I ran my hand through his blonde hair “ Of course, I’m Ira and your Eric, and we're at camp no. 1. Anything else I should be quizzed on?” 

He took a deep breath, “How long have we known each other?”

I laughed, “Whats up with everyone asking all these questions? I’ve known you for years - my whole life! - and your also the son of the leader of this rebellion  - Demetri.” I smiled at him. “Your my best friend.” My breath caught in my throat when I said this - I new that I’d been in love with him my whole life. But it’s impossible he’d ever feel that same way.... 

He sighed, “I’m sorry for the questions, but you hit your head pretty hard there” He touched the back of my head and I winced in pain. 

“I’m sorry.” He rushed pulling his hand back. 

I hugged him tightly to me, taking in his smell and warm body. Something inside of me - somewhere dark, painful - wanted to resist this moment. It gave me a sickening feeling that something was wrong - deeply wrong. But I pushed the small feeling away into the background of more prominent feelings. 

“So what have you been up to? Have you talked to your father about the vampires in the east?” my eyes widened. The vampires in the east had always been my prime targets. The leader of vampires lived there. The one that killed my parents. 

“Actually they wanted to talk to you about that....” 

“Lets go then!” I gripped his hand tightly and ran out of the tent straight for the main building  - where the leaders meetings took place. 

“Ira stop! please.” 

“But Eric you know. You know how much this means to me! Those filthy vermin killed my family and I will not stop until every filthy vamp is dead.” The ice in my words seemed to shock him. I couldn’t imagine why, I’ve been speaking this way ever since I was orphaned. 

He looked about the camp, scanning for something, before pulling me into the surrounding forest. We ran for quite some time before he stopped and put both hands on my shoulders, staring intently into my eyes.

“Why are you acting so strange Eric?” I asked. 

“Sky...” 

I frowned. “What about the sky?” I looked up and nothing stood out to me, it was bright blue and clear. 

“God please tell me your still in there.” He looked pleadingly at me. 

“I...I don’t know what you want me to say...?” The confusion that had started since I woke up only kept deepening. 

He face palmed and shook his head.”Im so sorry. Please forget it. Forget this ever happened. I haven’t been feeling well lately, and my father just told us about some air bombs the vamps have started using that  fade into the color of the sky...” 

I nodded slowly. “Oh....kay?” 

“Lets go back.”

“I’d like that.” 

^_^_^_^_^_^^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Once we were inside of the building, I ran straight for the main office room. I opened the doors, steeping into a meeting. There were ten werewolves along both sides of the long table running down the room. At the end of the table, was Demetri. He smiled and stood. 

“And here is the girl we’ve been talking about. Gentlemen, this is Ira.” He opened his arms, inviting me to him. He was just as I remembered him - tall, over 6.5, with the darkest black eyes, and balding spots on his head. 

I smiled and walked to the end of the table to embrace him. My mind told me that I should hug him, as I’ve done a thousand times. But that sickening feeling erupted in the pit of my stomach again. Nevertheless, he embraced me tightly and whispered: “It’s nice to finally have you here Ira.” 

“It’s nice to be here Uncle Demetri.” 

“I see my boy has told you we want to talk to you?” 

I looked across the room toward Eric. “Yes he did. Are we doing something to the vampires in the east?” I ask hopefully. 

He laughed, “Oh so eager to kill aren’t we?” 

I shook my head “Revenge actually.” 

He smiled, “I know.” he turned toward everyone in the room, “Well boys, I think it’s time.”  

He turned to me, “Please sit Ira.” 

I did as told and listened to what he had to say. 

“Well there is something we haven’t exactly told you about your part in this revolution.” 

I nodded. 

“You are destined Ira.” A man to the right of us continued. “Destined for greatness.” 

I looked at Eric, who had come to stand behind me. I reached for his hand and he took it automatically. Demetri noticed the gesture and smiled. 

“Well what we are getting at is that your future has been written for you - in a sense.” 

“Wait..what?” I asked. 

“You are destined Ira. Destined to defeat and kill the vampires.” 

“It is written in our ancient scrolls - There was a women, named Ira. She was the most powerful of our kind that had ever been...until you.” 

I frowned at the comment. What am I? 

“She was hurt by vampires - her pack destroyed, her family killed. A vampire tricked her and took her heart - then used her gifts to aid the will of vampires. Once they were done with her, he killed her in cold blood - on a red moon. The moon turned blue once she was dead, and her spirit re-appeared, vowing to come back and kill the vampires in the same coldblooded way they killed her family. It was written that she would use her power in the will of her own kind - werewolves - and make is so that werewolves ruled the world. In order for this to happen, a prince had to be killed on the same night in which she died, under the same moon, by her hand. Ira, you are her reincarnate. A red moon hasn’t happened since the day she died. But now we know that a red moon will take place in two month’s time. Then, you must kill the prince, and restore what is destined to happen. Werewolves will rule.”  He finished. His strong gaze never left mine, as his eyes bore into my soul. 

I closed my eyes allowing it to sink it. “What is his name?” 

“Declan.” 

I winced at the name - it hurt to even think of this name. Why? Is this Ira telling me something? 

I opened my eyes and looked directly into Demetri’s. “I am ready to take on this mission. I will be happy to use whatever is inside of me to kill Declan and give the werewolf race what we deserve - freedom from vampires.”

"Excelent"