Chapter 6

We rased out of the building too fast for the human eye to catch. I couldn't process anything that was going on around me, everything was blurred and insignificant. My breath came in in short shallow gasps, and my head was dizzy. Fear struck me like a ton of bricks. 

Demetri 

Demetri

Demetri....

A werewolf capable of destroying an entire pack. 

Dozens of packs. 

Who knows what he is fully capable of?

We rushed into the house and start rapidly packing boxes. Andrew was already  there loading up the car.

"Sky, calm down whats going on?" Declan urged me, his face a mix of confusion and fear.

I shook my head slowly, and sighed. "We have to leave"

"We can't leave" Declan shook his head.

"No I mean my family and I. Not you"  I tried to keep my face stern, angry, unloving. He couldn't follow us. Demetri would kill anyone to get to me. No matter how much I tried, my brothers always insisted they stay with me, putting their lives at risk. I couldn't live with myself if I put Declan's life at risk and lost him. 

"You can't leave we just found each other" Declan smiled softly "I need you too much, it's impossible." He reached out to touch me but I pulled away quickly. 

Looking away, I tried to stay calm. "Look, I don't want to stay here with you. We're opposites. Werewolves and Vampires hate each other. I naturally hate you. Its internal, its apart of me. Nothing can change that and at the end of the day thats what it is. I have to leave, and you don't mean enough to me to stay. This - between us- is a spell, a curse, call it whatever you want. But it isn't real, and I refuse to accept it. "

Declan shook his head. "Stop making up excuses, whats the real problem? Tell me, I can protect you, you can come to my clan and...." 

"Stop!" i practically screamed "I don't need nor want your help. I want to be left alone. I want you to forget about me, and I'll forget about you. We've only known each other for one weekend. So just forget it ever happened ok? It's not like there are any memories worth keeping anyway." my words sliced through the air. Declan starred at me in shock, hopefully I had convinced him. "Your disgusting, your nothing. Your a vampire who the world would be better off without." 

"I dont, and will never love you so stop being pathetic and leave me alone." Was the last thing I said before turning and running out the back door and into the car where my brothers were waiting. They were silent, obviously having heard Declan and I's conversation. 

"Don't say a word" I growled. 

"Wasn't planning on it" Andrew sighed pulling out of the drive way, and onto the street. I closed my eyes and tears began to run down my face. My heart broke into peices and I felt a hole form where it should have been. My body was falling apart and all I could do was gasp for the air I'd never recieve. I was so cold, cruel... but i had to be. He had to think i hated him. He had to forget about me for his own safety. I loved him enough to do this, I loved him enough to lie in every way I could think of. I loved him enough to put myself into this position, curled up on the back seat of my brother's car dieing from within. 

How can I love someone so much so quickly. I had only known him for three days, and it felt like forever. I would give my life for him, yet new almost nothing about him. I missed him. I loved him. I needed him. Everything inside of me yearned for him.He'd always be my mate no matter how much it hurt.  He'd always be mine, and I his. Forever. 

 *****Declan's POV

"Your disgusting, your nothing. Your a vampire who the world would be better off without. I don't and will never love you so stop being pathetic and leave me alone." were the last things she said before leaving. I stood frozen unable to move. Watching the love of my life say such words killed me. It killed me because I love her so much, and she didn't feel the same way. She didn't trust me. She didn't want me. My mate had rejected me.

I ground my teeth together fighting back the tears I new were coming and left the house. I ran straight to my clan. Without saying a word I raced in the building, looking for my father. 

"James do you know where my father is?" i asked

He shrugged "His room maybe." 

I nodded and took off. Without knocking i opened the door to reveal my dad calmly looking out the window. 

"Dad, I need your help" 

"I know" he sighed. 

I frowned "What?" 

"Your..Sky" He turned to me "She isn't what you think." 

"What do you mean?" I asked moving closer to him. Confused, hurt and aching I needed answers. 

"Someone is chasing her, named Demetri."

I stood in shock for a moment. He was famous among werewolves, as well as vampires. A killer. A evil man convinced he can fix the world. Control it for his own desires. 

"Why?" 

He looked at me with grim eyes. "She's The One. Ira reborn." 

I frowned. "But thats only a legend" 

He shook his head "No son, its very real" 

But if thats true, Sky is the savior of werewolves. She will defend them all. She must defeat the vampires like Ira swore she'd do thousands of years ago. if this is true, she must kill me.