You're A Young Woman Now

Toni's POV

"Rylan, honey." I whispered into her room.

"Mmm?" She groaned in question. "It's time for school." I said.

"Okay..." She mumbled, sitting up with a wince.

"Baby? Are you okay?" I asked. "I-I think... My stomach just hurts." She sighed, getting out of bed.

I walked over to her, noticing red on her sheets. Oh-OH. "Ry... Uh, I need you to go into the bathroom for me, okay? Get in the shower." I said, moving her sheets.

"Why? What's wrong?" She asked. "You got you just entered womanhood, bebé." I chuckled, pointing to her sheets. Her eyes reflected in pure terror.

"Hey, it's okay, just go shower okay?" I said, taking the sheets off of her bed. "Cher!" I called my wife.

Cheryl came in, "What's wrong?" She looks at me then Rylan.

"Rylan, Get in the shower, Honey." I told her once more. She nodded, walking into her shared bathroom.

"Our baby got her first period." I said. Cheryl's eyes widened.

"Oh, God." She said, entering the bathroom.

Cheryl's POV

"Honey? Are you okay?" I asked, looking at the closed shower curtain

"Y-Yeah, I guess." She stuttered out. "Don't be scared, remember Mamá and I already gave you this talk. Remember?" I said.

"I remember." I heard her mumble. "Do I have to go to school?" She asked.

"I can call and excuse you for the next few days. Is that okay?" I asked, grabbing her dirty clothes.

"I'd like that." She nodded. "Okay, Beautiful. Mamá and I are right outside." I said.

"Okay, Mom." She spoke, I nodded before leaving the bathroom.

Toni was making her bed with the new sheets. "She okay?" My wife asked.

"I think so. She seems a bit shaken up." I sighed, picking up the sheets.

"I'm gonna put this in the washer. Get her some clothes, I'll be back." I said. Toni nodded, kissing my cheek before going over to Rylan dressers.

----

"And that's how you use it. If you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask one of us okay? We understand it's personal, but we are here to help you." I said to Rylan as I placed the pads in front of her.

"Okay, mom." She nodded. "How are you feeling?" Toni then asked.

"Okay now. I was a bit freaked out earlier." She giggled. "That's fine." I smiled.

"Now, excuse you from school for the rest of the week. But if you feel up to go to school, tell us." Toni said.

"Okay, Mom and Mamá. Thank you." She smiled.

"You're a young woman now." Toni said making Rylan smile.

"We love you, Ry." I chuckled, kissing her cheek before Toni and I left her room.