Chapter Seven: The Race Begins

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Leyland. The race is just about to begin." Braedey greeted to Leyland. "It's still good to see you."

"I'm gonna be up in the stands, cheering you on." Leyland said to Braedey. "Also, you might see some familiar faces out there."

"Right." Braedey nodded back, now revving his engine. "I'll see you later." He looked over to see Dusty getting ready to leave and head for the runway. "See you soon."

"Yeah. You too." Leyland acknowledged with a nod, as Braedey got ready to go. "Let's go, you two." He said to Dusty and Annie.

~*~*~

"Race fans, it's that time of year again. Welcome to the Wings Around the Globe." Brent announced to the cameras. He could be seen standing in the newsroom. "Hello, I'm Brent Mustangburger, and this is the flagship event of the world's fastest sport were only the best of the best compete. Each leg brings a new challenge, testing agility, navigation and endurance. But when it's all said and done, speed is the name of the game. Our very own Colin Cowling is standing live from JFK airport with the best seat in the house. How's the view, big guy?" He asked to his fellow host.

 How's the view, big guy?" He asked to his fellow host

Colin Cowling is an Aaron Fullogas blimp. Colin has black and gray striping with red lines, and his cockpit is painted grey. He has the RSN logo on his sides.

"Brent, the scene below me is absolutely electric." Colins acknowledged back. "As you know, we have racers from all over the world, here. But the real story should be who's coming in second to three-time defending champ, Ripslinger, who is seeking to be the first four-time winner in the Wings Around The Globe. The racers are making their way to the runway."

Back at Propwash Junction, Skipper, Dottie, and Sparky were all watching the TV to see the start of the air-race.

"It's Dusty and Braedey!" Dotty exclaimed, as they now caught sight of Braedey and Dusty on the camera heading out to the runway.

"Whoo!" Sparky cheered.

"All right, everybody, get your Dusty and Braedey bobble-heads

"All right, everybody, get your Dusty and Braedey bobble-heads." Chug called, pulling up a cart of cool trinkets. "Your oven mitts, hats, bumper stickers, and I also ordered a thousand commemorative whistles." Sparky whistles one of them. "Hey, you think you can get me set up a website?" Chug asked Sparky.