4

Ready

After the tears and apologies that Friday, Jay cancelled his plans to meet up with his friends so that he could spend time with Jangmi

After the tears and apologies that Friday, Jay cancelled his plans to meet up with his friends so that he could spend time with Jangmi. Although she found it a little unnecessary, her older brother argued otherwise. On Saturday, they stayed in and had a movie marathon while they went out to eat samgyeopsal and did a little shopping in Hongdae on Sunday ("Your brother has good fashion sense, Jangmi. Let me help you."—not that she needed the help, she just didn't have enough clothes since she was always in athleisure wear). The reason why the older boy did this was simply because it was absolutely necessary for them to spend time together before Jangmi got too busy with training. 

After that week, she would no longer be free due to the cheerleader's hectic schedule; everyday except Sunday. And Jangmi's cheerleading schedule started on Monday.

"Ready, Jangmi?" Jay called out to her as she placed her duffel bag in the back seat of the car. After that, she slid into the passenger's seat and frowned. "I'm not ready, I'm nervous," she said. The butterflies in her stomach did not seem to cease as she buckled her seatbelt. Training was still after class, 4:30 to 7 in the evening, and it was currently still 8 in the morning.

Her older brother's mouth dropped slightly as he raised an eyebrow at his little sister. "You? Nervous? That's unheard of!"

"Oppa!" She whined. He ruffled her hair and poked her inflated cheeks. "They should be nervous that you're going to train today," he said as he revved the engine and started the drive to school. 

"What do you mean?" Jangmi pouted, looking out the window in hopes that the scenery would calm her down. "Listen," Jay called her attention, making her face him. 

"You have really good technique. Why do you think you were always center flyer back in America? And you're flexible too. You're also one of the last tumbling passes because your skills are difficult; and you go alone most of the time! You're—"

"Oppa, you're rambling—"

"You're good! You're really good." he continued, ignoring what Jangmi had just said. "I mean, that's why they accepted you to go train with them in the first place. And who cares if you're still trying out? You'll get in for sure."

The girl couldn't help but smile. Her older brother rarely gave pep talks since he was too busy when they still lived away from each other; but to hear him talk her up now made her confidence increase exponentially.  "Yeah, you're right! I'll get in!" She cheered herself on. Jay heard her and gave her a high five.

"There's the Jangmi I know!"

---

"Sunoo!" Jangmi shouted across the hall and started running towards him. Sunoo didn't give the voice much attention as he continued talking to Ni-ki; but the younger boy pointed at the figure that seemed to be speeding towards them. Her best friend didn't expect such an impact from a small girl, letting out a small "ooh" as they made contact. It wasn't painful thought since Jangmi slowed down as she got closer. She enveloped him into a hug and giggled.