13

Yellow

Heeseung dropped Jangmi home after their impromptu lunch and left quickly—and it wasn't because of how the butterflies he felt the entire time

Heeseung dropped Jangmi home after their impromptu lunch and left quickly—and it wasn't because of how the butterflies he felt the entire time. He wanted to stay with her more, but he had to go back to studying. Knowing Jangmi believed in him, he felt more motivated to study.

"Rest, okay? You did a good job today," were Heeseung's last words before he left Jangmi in front of her gate. After she waved back, she rushed inside and removed her padded jacket and scarf. She slipped into her house slippers before jumping at the loud noises coming from the living room.

"TAKE THAT, SUNGHOON!" She heard Jay shout in between laughter. She rolled her eyes at the laughter; and then stopped as a realization hit her. As much as she liked having guests, she wasn't in the mood to entertain anyone. All she wanted to do was work on whatever she needed to work on.

Jangmi walked further into the house and into the living room to see her brother and his best friend playing Mario Kart on their switches. Because of the way Sunghoon was sulking, she assumed that Jay had won the round. "Why'd you have to use the bomb? I could have won if you didn't use the bomb." Her brother didn't do anything but flip his hair at the other boy boastfully.

"Oppa, I thought you had training?" Jangmi asked him as she walked towards them, confused by the fact that he was in their house when he usually had training at that time. She wasn't bothered by his presence, she was just very confused. Sunghoon's expression seemed to change quickly as he looked at Jangmi. "Hello!" He smiled. 

"None! Coach said that we could have a day off since we've been working hard! And your brother invited me so—"

"JANGMI'S HOME!" Jay shouted as he picked his sister off the floor. As much as she wanted to tell him off for being too loud, she didn't want to dampen his champion spirit. She liked seeing him happy like this.

When he placed her back down, Jangmi smiled. "Having fun?" both boys nodded at her. She laughed at how young and innocent they looked, as if she was older than them. She patted their heads like children and left them to head to her room and take a warm shower.

"Jangmi, join us!" Sunghoon called out to her before she started climbing the stairs. "I'd love to, but I have schoolwork to do," she told the older boy defeatedly before heading up. She heard both boys talking to each other; she couldn't hear much, but she did hear "Isn't she such a hard worker! Always striving to be on top," come from her brother's mouth.

When the younger girl got to her room, she locked the door and slid down to the ground. She was tired—really tired. She wanted to play games and have fun with them. She just wanted to rest once and take a breather for herself, but there was always had a voice at the back of her head telling if she wanted to remain on top, she had to keep working no matter what. It was like the pressure she got from other people had somewhat influenced the way she thought.