1

New experiences

"Jangmi, you don't have to go to school if you're still this jetlagged," Jay warily looked at the girl who just slid into the passenger's seat and buckled her seatbelt

The morning was too bright for Jangmi, but she didn't want to miss school just because her body still adjusting to the 16-hour time difference. the young girl wanted to make a good impression to everyone; and to her, that meant showing up for class even if she was still too sleepy and too tired to comprehend anything.

"Oppa—" her yawn interrupted her. "—it's a Monday morning, so I need to be there," she continued, closing her eyes as she sunk into the seat in an attempt to fall back to sleep. "Can we pass somewhere for tea though? I need it."

 At that point, Jay was sure she was mumbling half asleep. He glanced at her shortly and smiled before starting the car and driving to school. He's always had a soft spot for his little sister, always treating her like a princess. If Jangmi chose to stay home that day, he would have skipped his classes just to take care of her. But knowing that she wouldn't take "no" for an answer, he just let her be. He wasn't going to try to persuade her to do the opposite since he knew that it would be too hard of task for him.

She was just stubborn that way.

---

Jangmi and Jay got to school, sipping their Starbucks while holding each other's hand as they walked. The hand holding action was something the younger girl did whenever she was nervous; immediately look for her brother's hand and take clasp it immediately.  Although her grip on his hand was somewhat tight, Jay didn't mind it at all. It was a constant reminder that even if she was growing up, she was still the little Jangmi who would run into his embrace and stick to his side no matter what.

"Oppa, why are people staring at me?" Jangmi asked as she tightened her grasp around her older brother's hand, if it was still possible. "Is it the Starbucks?" She didn't realize that she said it out loud until Jay laughed loudly.

"I was serious!"

"Don't worry, Jangmi. It's not the Starbucks," he said as he glared at the people staring at his little sister. Ni-ki had told Jay about the how the news spread quickly around campus while he was away: Park Jangmi, the new student and 'the new athlete' was the younger sister of one of the most talented people in school, Park Jongseong Park Jay. If he were to be honest, it didn't bother him much; but knowing that Jangmi hated garnering attention, he was concerned with how they would treat her.

Being the caring brother he is, Jay led Jangmi to her locker and opened it for her. She thanked him and placed her heavy books inside. "Oppa, you can go to your classroom now," she looked at him and smiled. Compared to when they left the house, Jangmi was now awake, more enthusiastic and less sleepy. She couldn't figure out if it was the tea ("placebo effect?") or the feeling of excitement and nervousness sitting in her stomach.