epilogue

Congratulations

5 months after the confession

The good thing about the end of the school year, besides that fact that there was no school for a while, was that Jangmi finally had her cheerleading competition in another province—Busan to be exact. Bigtide Cheerleading competed in college-level competition and got first place. To say the young girl was happy was an understatement to how much she felt on cloud 9. All her and her teammate's hard work, everything they've worked for the entire year, finally paid off when they received their gold medals and a trophy.

The team was currently on their way back home; and although they were very friendly as they let Jangmi join in on their conversations, the bus ride to her was still a little lonely. Aera stayed back in Busan to visit her grandparents since her entire family had already made the trip there. The both of them were glued at the hip during the entire competition proper, so to be going back with her seat empty was weird. But she pushed the thought aside since she was asleep most of the bus ride back. She just wanted to get home and eat fast food since she was allowed to break her diet when she was off-season.

The team finally arrived at Hwaseo station in the early afternoon and carried their luggage as they got off the bus and into the train station. Jay had texted her 10 minutes ago that he was already there waiting, and instantly spotted him and Sunoo as they called out her name proudly. Jangmi said goodbye to her teammates ("Don't miss me too much," she teased Nari, her co-captain and base in one of the stunts. The older girl chuckled and ruffled her hair. "We're only resting for a month and a half, so I won't!" she joked.) before running off to them as she pulled her luggage with her.

Jay was the first one to greet her, wrapping his arms around his little sister's figure and pulling her into a hug. Since their position was kind of awkward, the younger girl only being able to hug with one arm, Sunoo took the luggage from her hand so that the siblings could hug each other comfortably. "You did so well!" He said so excitedly as he hugged her tighter. Jangmi's face was in his chest, so her "thank you" became muffled—but he understood her completely before pulling away, a proud smile evident on his face. 

She turned to her best friend next and pulled him into a hug as he gave the luggage to her older brother. The young boy wrapped his arms around her torso and smiled. "My mouth was dropped the entire time, Jangmi! We kept looking for you and shouting your name at the TV!" He told her with amazement laced in his voice. He really couldn't be prouder of the girl he was hugging, and it was very obvious. His best friend smiled widely as she pulled away from the hug. "Thank you, Sunoo!"

Jangmi took her luggage back from her older brother since she didn't want him to be the one to lug it around. "By the way, do you know where Sunghoon oppa is? He said he was coming with the both of you, then didn't reply to any of my messages today," she questioned. For her, it was okay if he wasn't there, but the fact that he wasn't replying was weird. She trusted the older boy a lot; she just found it concerning that they were chatting all night last night, and then he was suddenly nowhere to be found the next morning.