Chapter 10: Showdown

"Eda! Lilith! You're okay!" Luz shouted from the ground, before bolting straight up and throwing her arms around the witches. Eda returned the gesture while Lilith was a bit caught off guard, still not knowing what hugging was.

"Good to see you're still kicking kid. Thankfully, these knuckleheads managed to find us in our cell, and break us out." Eda stated, while gesturing over to the Blight twins and co. "Oh and here. The kids managed to find your little notebook of glyphs. Surprised Belos didn't destroy it or used it for some other purpose." Eda pulled Luz's notebook from her pocket, and handed it to the human.

They all heard a grunt from across the room, and quickly backed away towards the door. The Emperor got back up on his feet, and everyone could see the fury in his eyes. The blue irises that glowed beneath his mask now changed to a dark red. He glared at the group that was staring back, and gave a fake chuckle.

"I see there was more than I expected down here." He hissed, looking around at everyone. "You all made a big mistake coming down here. There's no turning back now." He gestured his hand towards the group.

"We need to get out of here. He will pull no punches with any of us!" Lilith said, looking at the kids, but Amity limped forwards in front of them. "We can't. Not yet." Amity said, causing the group apart from Luz and King to give a shocked look. 

"What do you mean Amity?! We have them, let's get going before we die down here!" Edric shouted, looking back and forth at the Emperor and Amity. 

"He has that portal fixed up." Amity pointed towards the glass window, displaying the portal. "He is gonna invade not only Luz's realm, but every other realm he can get to." Amity said, getting a surprised response from everyone who didn't know. "We have to get that portal back, before he can use it."

"It would be cute to see you try that." The Emperor said, laughing at the idea of getting the portal taken from him. The rest of the group looked on with horror, but in the midst of it, Eda stepped forwards and joined Amity up front.

"Ain't another realm gonna be a stepping stone in your ruling Belos." Eda hissed, staring up at the Emperor with hatred radiating from her eyes. Belos laughed again.

"With what magic? That curse of yours will do nothing to me." He chuckled, pointing at her gem. Lilith huffed in anger and soon joined the two up front, looking at The Emperor.

"We don't need magic to stop you Belos. Your tyranny will end here." Lilith said, staring up at Belos. At one point in her life, she would've feared her entire life to be talking back to The Emperor, but now, seeing all that he's done to ruin lives, she was ready to die fighting.

Soon enough, everyone else stepped forwards, feeling the confidence fill their souls, as they were about to enter the most deadly fight ever. They knew they wouldn't be able to take down Belos, but that wasn't their goal. All they needed to do was get him down long enough to get the portal back, and escape.

"This should be fun. You all are about to experience hell in the worst way possible." Belos stated, as he took one step forwards and stared down at the group of rebels that stood in front of him. Amity stepped closer, and stared him right in the eyes.

"Come and bring it then."

That comment was what drove the Emperor over. Immediately, he summoned a legion of mini demons right in front of him, and they ran straight for the group. Amity summoned an abomination and crushed a bunch of them that ran towards her. Luz summoned a bunch of fire spells in the form of balls, and hurled them at a bunch, causing them to burst into flames. Willow summoned a bunch of thorns that surrounded the room, knocking every one that came across the vines down, and the rest of the group used their fist and any weapons they could find lying around to get the job done.