Chapter 3: Asking For Help

Minutes ticked by as Amity sat on the stairs of Hexside, waiting for everybody to meet up with her. There was a small part of her mind that believed that she was waiting there for nothing, but she stayed confident that at least somebody was gonna come along and meet her here, therefore she can explain what was going on.

As time passed by, Amity found herself thinking about Luz once again. It was impossible not to think about her. Amity just witnessed her last moments, and that's pretty traumatizing to see, especially if it was the person that has changed you for the better, and the one you love deeply, that was taken.

Amity closed her eyes, and pictured herself with Luz at grom again. Even with her weird choice of outfit, Amity loved the way she looked that night, but it went deeper than that for her. She was so amazed how fearless Luz was going up against Grom. She was willing to fight Grom for Amity's sake without a second thought, and that's something that really emphasized Amity's infatuation with the human. It was the first time someone has done that for her, and the gesture was enough to drive Amity over with love.

The thought made Amity start tearing up again. That night was the best night she has ever experienced with anyone. She was genuinely happy for once. She didn't fear the consequences of anything she would've done that night either. It was the first time where she felt like she could fully be her true self around someone, and it was thanks to Luz driving that change into her.

Amity was so caught up in her thought that she almost didn't hear the slight sound of footsteps in front of her. Opening her eyes in shock, she saw Gus, standing in front of her, slightly concerned.

"Uh, hey Amity...are you okay, is everything okay?" Gus asked, concern laced in his voice. Amity felt the concern and frowned. "Yeah..well, when everyone else gets here, I'll explain what's happening."

"Everyone else?" Gus asked, genuinely confused now. "Yeah, there's more people coming. I need all the help that I can get...something bad happened." Amity's voice trailed off, as brief flashes of the house and blood appeared in her mind, making her shake her head.

As she finished that statement, she saw both Edric and Emira arrive in front of her, like Gus, with concerned looks on their faces.

"Alright Mittens, if this is something that was serious enough to get me out of my room, it must be like, really bad." Edric said, somewhat joking, while Emira elbowed him lightly. "Yeah Amity, what's going on? Why were you out?" Emira chimed in with her concern.

After that statement, Willow finally arrived behind everyone, and was caught off guard to see not only Gus, but Amity's siblings too. Whatever was happening was big to Willow, and she grew uneasy.

"Hey Amity...I got your message. What's going on right now?" Willow asked her concerned question like everyone else. Amity, feeling the light pressure with everyone focused on her, took a deep breath and looked down.

"Let me ask everyone here before I continue on. Has anyone heard from Luz in the past couple of hours?" Amity asked, trying to state it in her most calm voice she could muster up. Everyone else looked at each other and gave off a questionable look.

"No, I don't think anyone has even talked to Luz here today." Willow stated, feeling her queasiness start intensifying.

"Yeah, in fact, where is she? If you have everyone else here, why isn't she here?" Edric asked, now knowing that the issue was about Luz. Amity gripped her clothing tightly at the question, fighting back the feeling of emotions trying to overthrow her right now. "That's the thing Edric...this is about Luz here..." Amity said, with a shaky voice.