Chapter 7: Breaking In

"Gus please relax. They're on their way." Willow said to a pacing Gus who was freaking out. The two have been at Hexside, waiting for Amity and her siblings for at least 30 minutes now and they didn't know when the trio could be arriving. Gus grew concerned about it, hoping that they would get here soon. He didn't want to waste so much time, especially when it involved the life of Luz and everyone else held up with the Emperor.

"Are you certain? You've been telling me that for the past 30 minutes! What if something happened? What if the coven heard about our plan somehow? What if we're next?!" Gus said frantically, throwing his hands up on his head and taking a breather. Willow walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I know Amity, she would do anything to be here, and I'm sure nobody heard about our talk yesterday. Everything's gonna be fine." Willow said soothingly, giving Gus a little shoulder rub before letting go. Gus took in a deep breath, before heading over near the stairs and taking a seat.

"I just hope they get here soon." Gus said solemnly, with his head down as he went into thought. Willow quietly joined him on the stairs and rubbed his back for comfort

"Me too Gus, but I'm sure they're on their way." Willow said, looking over at Gus to get no response from him, as he stayed in thought.

Both of the kids didn't get good sleep last night. Their dreams were plagued with nightmares about the plan for today. They were afraid of what could happen today. They were scared about failing. They couldn't afford to fail. Failure to them meant the loss of Luz, and neither of them would be able to stomach that. Rummaging through her thoughts, Willow shook her head and focused on Gus, who still had his head down. Willow continued to rub his back to provide some kind of comfort. 

It only took a few minutes after that for everyone else to arrive at hexside, to the delight of Willow and Gus. As they got up to meet with them, they noticed King on Amity's back, and they were shocked. King was happy to see Gus and Willow, who were now approaching him.

"King?! You're still here?!" Gus said, as he walked up to Amity to talk to him. "Yes I am, and I'm here to help get Luz back!" He stated, throwing his arm up, which caused a giggle from the twins. 

"Yeah, Amity here found him in a bush while she waited for us. As someone who was in the castle before, he'll be a help with navigating." Edric said, while King nodded. "I can't say I completely remember where everything is, but my memory is still there to help a little bit." King said.

"Alright, we got no time to waste. Before we can get going, does anyone have anything to plan?" Amity asked, slamming her fist in her palm and looking at everyone around.

"Well, I do know that usually at the entrance of the castle there's at least two guards to greet anyone coming in. With an illusion spell, we could get them distracted long enough to possibly sneak in." Gus said, while providing an illusion spell to show what he meant. 

"I could use my thorn spells to trap or knock out guards. I believe they're strong enough to at least hold down regular guards." Willow brought up as well, having Gus bring her information to the illusion spell. 

"Alright then. I think this is how it should work out. All of us will stick together until we find out where someone is being held, then you four will stay together to keep a distraction, while me and King head down to get them." Amity said with confidence while her siblings gave a queasy look.