Chapter 25

Valentina couldn't move, she couldn't think. She just stood there confused with a gun pointed at her head.

"What are you doing here?" She managed to stutter and Kiara shoved her then, pushing her back until she was far enough so that she could walk in. The gun still pointed to her head; it didn't move one bit.

Kiara didn't look well, she looked pale, weary, beat down. Her eyes dark and tired and Valentina felt a shiver of fear take her over. She wanted to turn around and run upstairs, but she stood still, breathing slowly to terrify to move. Bria was upstairs sleeping and, she was eight months pregnant, and there was no one at home.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" Valentina studied her face, the absent look on it and the anxiety swelling in her chest.

"You shouldn't be here, please, leave Michael, Kuda would be home soon," she said backing up so that there was space between them and Kiara laughed then. They were in the living room now, the room that had her cup of tea, smoke was still billowing out of it, and she wondered if she could turn fast enough to get it and throw it at Kiara, blinding her so that she could take the gun and call the police.

Her massive belly reminded her that she wouldn't be swift enough.

"Michael is on a plane to New Jersey and Kuda isn't coming back anytime soon." She smirked and pushed her onto the sofa. How did she know those things? Valentina furrowed her brows and Kiara caught her expression.

"I'm not the only one who wants you gone from Michael's life." And she shook her head in confusion as Kiara motioned her to sit on the couch.

"Kuda! Gosh, you are so stupid, he's been taking pictures of you and your neighbour every interaction, and when he comes home and finds you dead. He's going to blame it on your friendly neighbour. A jealous neighbour who killed the woman he couldn't have and Kuda would have all the proof."

"Michael would never believe that!" Valentina managed to say her voice trembling and she instinctively rubbed her stomach. Kiara's eyes followed, and her eyes burned.

"You have my baby," she sneered as something shifted in her eyes.

"What?" Valentina shuttered

"You have my baby!" She shouted and dropped the gun to her side as she started pacing back and forth. Again Valentina's thoughts ran on Bria and she hoped she didn't hear anything so that she comes downstairs. Kiara wasn't right, she was fucking crazy.

"How can you have everything I wanted? You took everything from me. My baby, my man." Tears were rolling down her cheek.

"Kiara, please, you do not know the consequences of your actions. Just put the gun down and we can talk." She shook her head.

"No, you fucking bitch!" and she raised the gun at Valentina head, again.

"I wanted to be pregnant so bad, and when I wasn't he just put me away. Like I was nothing. For you the woman who left him, who shot him. Why couldn't he love me as he loves you?"

"Kiara, please think about what you're doing."

"I'm thinking, he's mine and that baby is mine, and I'm going to kill you and cut it out of your stomach." Valentina's whole body tensed up with those words as every pores raised. She could see it in her eyes. She meant every word. Pure deranged. Oh, how she wished she never told Adele to go home. Her mind was racing, she had to save herself, her baby. There was no way in hell Kiara was going to kill her now.

With one swift move, she reached out and snatched the cup full of tea, and hurled it at Kiara's face.

Kiara howled from the scorching heat, grabbed her face in shock. Her hands flew up to wipe her eyes, and Valentina jetted out off the couch and tried to run. Kiara hissed as she pushed past her and cursed, and she managed to get to the entrance of the other room when she felt a scorching pain shot at the side of her shoulder.