Chapter 18

There is an ardent love any mother feels for her children. When they are sick you are sick, when they are happy you smile. Valentina was lying in Bria's bed next to her as she slept gently rubbing her belly feeling a sort of closeness with her unborn baby.

How can I ever give you up? she thought then looked at Bria as she snores, how can I ever give you up to my sweet girl? They had a really bad argument in Michael's office until he told her to get out. She was going to fight with every inch of her to keep her kids.

Michael's plan was for them to leave for France the day after tomorrow, so both Sylva and Valentina had spent most of the morning packing up and getting ready for the flight. Valentina had barely left Bria's side as well and was allowed to administer all of her medication as opposed to Sylva who normally does it since she came here.

"How are you feeling?" Sylva asked as Valentina folded Bria's clothes in her luggage. She was amazed at how much clothes she had. Certainly, Michael had been busy but she doubt he had shopped for her and guessed Kiara helped out.

"I'm fine, a little nauseous but fine."

"If you would like to take a break you can, I can do this all by myself." she shook her head.

She hated the months when she had no control concerning her daughter. The simple act of folding her clothes warmed her heart.

Valentina turned to face Sylva as she stuffed some of Bria's toys in another suitcase. She wanted to cry to her and tell her Michael wants to take away her children. To beg her to talk to him on her behalf. She stared for quite some time until Sylva called her name pulling her out of her trance.

"Val," she doe her eyes at her looking like a lost puppy.

"Michael is going to grant me my freedom after I gave birth to Andrew," she said softly, trying not to cry again.

"Wouldn't you want that, Val?"

"He planned to take the kids and I would have any contact with them ever again.'' She gasped and was about to speak when we heard the clicking of heels coming up the corridor and then the door to Bria's room opened and in walked a familiar head of golden curls that matched her.

"Mother!" Valentina extended her arms and pulled her close, it's been so long since she last visited. She looked her up and down and her tan skin had gotten a lot darker and she looked relaxed. Her face was tighter and more youthful-looking, had she gotten work done?

"Valentina, my love, I have just gotten back from a Caribbean cruise with my new boyfriend," she said gleefully as she looked around the room her happy expression turned to one of confusion.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked

"Haven't Michael told you?"

"No, he hadn't, Valentina, what's going on?" she asked and Valentina cleared her throat. My mother glanced over to Sylva and as if they were converse telepathically Sylva left the room. Then they sat on the edge of Bria's bed.

"Valentina, where is my grandchild? You tell me what's wrong, right now." She was already starting to get emotional and she told her about Bria's worsen asthma and that the doctors recommended a treatment centre in the South of France. Valentina was shocked at why Michael wasn't keeping her updated with all what was happening here.

She didn't even know she was pregnant. Michael was a busy man, was her excuse for him. Valentina told her everything from the dinner date in Paris and what happened in the office. She inhaled deeply as she told her about Michael giving her her freedom and keeping her away from her kids.

"You shouldn't have gone to that office." her mother stood up from the bed and was pacing back and forth.

"What do you want in life, ey? You have a big house, a handsome husband and you fake your death. You were just about to be forgiven for faking your death and you pulled that nonsense. I am sorry love but I am not on your side on this one.'' Valentina's eyes widened even as her brow didn't know what shape to take; raised for shock or furrowed for confusion.