Chapter 10 - Test

TW: 

Fighting

Swearing (naturally)

---------------

"Are you completely sure this is a good idea, Tommy?" Eret said arms crossed. Tommy, Eret, Niki, and Fundy stood around the sidelines of a quickly made arena. Tommy, as promised, was meant to be having a small fight with Techno. The Blade. Big T- no wait Tubbo was Big T. Technoblade. 

"Yeah!" Tommy said smiling confidently "Plus, it's just wooden swords, the most injury I even could get from this would be a splinter," the younger scoffed. 

On the other side of the arena stood Wilbur, Philza, and Techno. Tubbo had made himself a jury stand to oversee the fight and kept calling himself 'Big Law'. Bit weirdchamp but this was why they were such great friends.

"Alright, only if you're sure Tommy!" Niki said handing him the wooden sword and smiling softly. He merely shot her a confident grin in return. Turning around he spotted Techno already ready as the others backed out of the boundaries.

"Remember boys!" Tubbo called from his 'jury' stand, "No blood drawn! And since both of you are too fucking proud to yield, I will call out when I believe the other person is beaten," Tubbo looked down at the two holding the swords. When they both nodded the brunette smirked slightly "Then let the match begin!"

Tommy immediately rushed at Techno, catching him slightly off guard. The more experienced warrior still managed to easily block the younger though, pushing Tommy away and taking a jab at him himself.

The young vice president dropped to the ground rolling out of the way before kicking Techno's legs out from under him. 

The audience watched in awe as the two fought. Wilbur, the most stunned of all. Sure he knew Tommy was a good fighter- but since when was he this good? Or was Techno just going easy on the younger- no. Techno has too much pride to go easy, so this was Tommy's actual level of skill. 

He shook off the initial shock of the fight and watched more analytically now. Phil at his side, eyebrows raised slightly but didn't seem too shocked.

The two fighting seemed to dance with the swords, both seemingly fluid in their movements. For every stab, there was a parry, and for every parry, there was a follow-up move. It was hard to see who would win to the untrained eye. To Phil he watched carefully, Tommy didn't seem to be low on energy, and Techno rarely got tired during fights... but it was obvious to him Techno would win. He had more training than Tommy who looked, by his unpredictable moves, to have taught himself how to fight. Still quite impressive.

Eventually, Techno managed to tackle Tommy to the ground holding the wooden sword against the youngers neck to which Tubbo clapped signaling the duel had ended. 

"You fought well," Techno mused standing up and offering his hand to Tommy. The younger grunted in response accepting the hand, the battle-worn pvper helping him up. Wilbur, Phil, and Eret rushed forward, Wilbur congratulating Techno on winning, Eret fussing over Tommy like a worried mother, and Phil opting to stay silent.

When the others had finally stopped talking Phil finally pipped up "You taught yourself how to fight didn't you," the eldest questioned, the rest stared at him for a moment before Wilbur laughed.

"Of course not- nobody could teach themselves to be that good," Wilbur scoffed "I mean, hell, you taught Techno half of what he knows- then he went on that ridiculous quest and learned the rest from 'Sun Tzu'," Tommy stayed silent at this glancing down. 

"I asked Tommy not you," Phil said nodding in the vice president's direction. He looked up conflict obvious in his eyes before finally speaking.

"Yeah- I did teach myself, kinda? I knew Dream before joining the SMP... he gave me tips when we got paired up during a duel on Hypixel," Tommy shrugged "But really only tips, I taught myself the rest- with the help of Tubbo being my training buddy!" he laughed putting his arm around Tubbo's shoulders as the brunette joined them.

"I think you mean your training dummy," Tubbo laughed "I barely fought! You just disarmed me every time!" Tommy laughed along with Tubbo to which Phil nodded, Wilbur slightly shocked, Eret proud, and Techno hummed.

"Will, c'mon, it's about noon- how about you and your girlfriend help me make lunch," Phil said glancing at Wilbur then to Niki who was talking to Fundy at the side of the makeshift arena.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Wilbur squeaked indignantly to which Techno rolled his eyes.

"Then why is she caring for your son like he's her own hm?" Phil raised his eyebrows before grabbing Wilbur's wrist dragging him towards the house "Niki!" the eldest called to which he looked up from her conversation "Mind helping me make lunch?" She smiled nodding, presumably saying goodbye to Fundy before jogging after them.

"Hey," said a voice from behind Tommy a hand landing on his shoulder, Tommy flinched slightly before removing his arm from Tubbo's shoulder, turning around to face Techno. He had nearly forgotten he was still there, "Mind showing me around the SMP? Lunch will take a while," 

"Sure thing Mr. Blade!" Tommy said smiling "Tubbo you're coming too!" the youngest(Tommy) ran over to where they had put their weapons before the fight grabbing his netherite sword and tossing Tubbo his netherite axe. Techno had already at some point grabbed his sword from the weapon stand.

Tommy and Tubbo lead the older through the gates of L'manberg and into the Dream SMP with Eret tagging behind. Hopefully, they wouldn't run into trouble.

(This isn't a new chapter sorry I'm just reuploading the last few with proper titles and TWs)