heavens arena arc ❚ aftermath ✕ change ✕ feelings

Start from the beginning

«You should rest!!»

Nevermind, things were getting a lot more complicated.

.

.

.

She had called the room service for the first time since she got to the Heavens Arena, surprising the kids when she revealed the fact.

In the end, they spent lunchtime and the rest of the day in Eirene's room, chatting about each and every topic that came to their mind. Truth to be honest, the two youngsters did most of the conversation, but she didn't mind that much.

The older assassin also found out that, despite her deadly show from earlier, she had quite a lot of fans among the arena's staff.

The kids laughed at her scandalized face when she found a note for "Miss Raisa", with a name and a number under one of the dishes.

.

.

.

It took her a little over a week to actually recover for most of the wounds she suffered. Exception made for her right arm, the deep cuts where she got stabbed with cards had almost faded into scars and she had little to no problem with her ribs.

Admittedly, she tried to focus her aura to shift towards the Enhancement category to help herself--it felt odd to actively pursue it, but she managed somehow.

During that time, Killua and Gon visited her room almost everyday, even if for small periods of time, which was both endearing and annoying at the same time. 

They even introduced her to their teacher properly, together with the other child who was under his tutelage. The man, Wing, still eyed her with little animosity but nonetheless offered a civil façade in front of the kids.

Eirene also took part in one of their usual lessons, or "check-in" to keep track of their progress, once or twice. Sure, she was a simple observer, but she found it an enjoyable change of pace.

«Iri, have you ever tried the water divination?» Killua asked suddenly, while his little friend Zushi was practicing his Ren. She hummed, before replying negatively. «You should then! I'll get the glass with the leaf.»

The woman eyed him curiously, closing the book she was reading and leaving it beside her seat on the couch. When the kid was back, he placed a glass of water with a green leaf in its middle.

«Pour your aura around the glass, based on the reaction it will show your affinity!»

His enthusiasm while explaining made her grin a little. «I already know my affinity, though.»

«Sshhh, just do it!»

She rolled her eyes and focused her nen to conjure her missing arm: it was still in the early stages, but she managed to give form to a bright, teal-colored limb complete of her telltale claws. It felt... steadier than before. Safer for her body, since she could regulate the aura flow and the temperature however she wished, without risking to freeze her real limb again.

Moreover, following Wing's tips--he gave them without prompting during her visits, surprising the woman, but she felt a little grateful for those in the end--she decided to put a condition on her technique: she'd only use the claws on her conjured arm and not on her flesh one.

It limited her options in combat, but it made the technique stronger--according to Wing, anyway.

At any rate, she drew her hands near the glass. Activating her Ren around it, she waited for the reaction--