seven

"alright, my boy, listen up," schlatt said, well more like commanded, as he sat down across from nick, "i'm gonna be nice and lend you a few little special things to help you."

"so demon magic?" nick questioned as he saw a fire flare-up in schlatt's eyes as a result of a question being asked when he didn't even get to explain it properly.

"yes, demon magic," schlatt replied, mocking nick's voice on the second part of the statement, "anyway the purpose of it is to help you if you are in trouble or if you want to mess with people for the laughs of it."

nick nodded as he listened to the man ramble on about this so-called magic he was getting granted for his time outside of hell.

"teleportation will help you whenever you feel like you are exposed to anyone except for your child. if you need to use it, it's always a simple snap of the fingers. you'll get sent a certain distance away from your child, but still, be able to see them in a public setting," schlatt explained the first use as nick nodded, soaking in the valuable information.

"appearance and disappearance is next. you will be seen by your child at all times for the simple fact that you watch over them, but if you want to freak people out, you can allow yourself to be seen by those people and disappear before their eyes. all you have to do is say who you want to be seen by and focus. for example, schlatt can now see me. whenever you want to only be seen by your child, just say that the people can't see you. it's effortless if you think about it," schlatt went on, his voice being the only one who dared to mutter a word in the silent room, "just be careful who you show yourself to because if it's someone who knows that you have died, it could cause a big hysteria and make them think they're going insane, understood?"

"yes sir."

"next one is voice imitation. if your child is in trouble or hurts themself by doing something that they shouldn't have, you can help them by mimicking their voice to keep them out of trouble and things like that. this one may seem difficult at first but it gets easier the more you hear the kid's voice."

nick nodded, not wanting to speak unless he was okay to do so. the two men up against the wall began to speak as if to argue that it wasn't fair that nick was leaving.

"he has only been here for a year! it's simply not fair!" wilbur argued, but he was only glared down at to shut him up.

"alright any questions?" schlatt asked, but nick shook his head no. he had most of the information he needed, and most likely he would hear it from schlatt rambling on before he left for the overworld.

"one thing to never do is let your eyes turn black. that is a very big no, and if you do, you'll get sent back here instantly. keep your anger in check."

"ok, i can do that."

"alright, let's get you ready to go."

– ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ –

another little backstory thing on sapnap since i wanted to do a double update. sorry if this chapter is a bit short but i hope you enjoy. :)