Chapter 8 - The Best Fighter

Crouching down, Mo-Ri stretched his right legs forwards before delivering a fast jab towards the bottom of the beam-- shooting it upwards into the sky.

With his right leg still in the air; he spun around twice to gain some momentum, before jumping up and wrapping his right foot around the blast.

"Renewal Taekwondo."

Quickly twisting and morphing the beam into a vortex, a red fiery tornado started to form from the straggling flames that broke off form the blast.

"Dragon Catcher."

Smoldering the ground below into a pool of molten lava, an explosion of heat covered the area.

All of this happening within a seconds-time, Jin-woo was able to see it play out. Tusk looked confused when he saw his fire breath suddenly disappear, while both Beru and Igris immediately started to tense up.

Slowly dropping back down to the ground, Mo-Ri somehow seemed unaffected by the heat.

"...I didn't think that'd work."

Letting out a short sigh of relief, Mo-Ri looked back at Jin-Woo with a tired face.

"Seriously, I'm not here to fight. Could you just tell me where the G.O.H arena is?"

Walking forwards, he began approaching Jin-Woo and his shadows with shaky steps

Walking forwards, he began approaching Jin-Woo and his shadows with shaky steps. His head still felt fuzzy from his backlash...

After motioning for his weaker shadow soldiers to back away, Jin-Woo jumped down into the crater alongside Tusk, Beru and Igris. He left the others up above. The back of his throat felt somewhat dry after that explosion.

'Just now... a lot of my mana got sapped away. If he's able to hurt my weaker soldiers from this far away...'

Walking closer and closer, Jin-Woo kept his eyes on Mo-Ri the entire time. Still standing a considerable distance away, he finished his thoughts.

'He's an absolute monster.'

Looking back confused, Mo-Ri scratched his head.

"Um... are you gonna take me to the arena now?"

Tusk took another two steps forwards to get back to fighting Mo-Ri, but Igris stopped him mid-way. Right after, Jin-Woo began to talk.

"Are you serious? I don't think you understand how dangerous you are right now."

Pausing for a moment, Mo-Ri looked more confused than ever.

"E-Eh? No, listen. I'm not a bad guy! If you could just take me to my friends, they cou-"

"And how do I know your friends aren't dangerous as well?"

Now speechless, he didn't know what to say. Using this as an opportunity, Jin-Woo berated Mo-Ri with more and more questions.

"How would I know you aren't planning to meet up with your friends so you can level this entire city? How would I know you're here with good intentions? How would I know if you're not secretly thinking about killing me the second I let down my guard?"

Taking one step with every sentence he said, Jin-Woo pressured Mo-Ri with a relentless amount of words. Everything he said held a bit of truth to them, while some he could already confirm on his own.

"And again... how would I know if your friends aren't dangerous as well?"

Stretching his lips, Mo-Ri started thinking hard about what to say next. He held up his fingers and began listing a few things off.

"Well, Mira is kind of scary, but she's strong and cares about her friends. Daewi is pretty strong as well, and kinda coo-"

"Don't actually start explaining that."

Now looking defeated, Mo-Ri had nothing else to say.

"Even if you're not evil, I don't plan on taking any risks to confirm that"

Lifting his head, Jin-Woo looked at the clouds drifting through the sky. They were all conforming around a giant hole punched through the center...

"...My friends and family live here. I met another demon like you in the past, but that was in a place where I didn't have to worry about her doing anything."

Pulling his head back down, a certain immovable resolution was emitting off his body.

"The last thing I'd want is for any of them to get hurt. It's fine if I suffer, but never them."

With a giant wave of black aura shooting out of his body, His eyes glistened a deathly blue.

"That's why I'll fight you here on my own. I don't plan on letting you go until you're one of my shadows."

Slowly starting to smile, Mo-Ri put a single fist forwards. He understood Jin-Woo's intentions, and he didn't plan on backing down.

"Then I'll do the same. I'll beat up both you and your army. Then I'll make you take me to the G.O.H arena!"

Cracking his knuckles, Mo-Ri quickly started stretching.

"But just so you know..."

Cracking his neck from left to right, his smile slowly grew.

"I've only ever lost twice before. And both of those people were pretty strong."

Now ready, he faced Jin-Woo head on.

"But besides those two...I'm the best fighter."