Chapter 4 - Analyzing the Situation

His lips mouthed the words, "Inve-" before coming to a pause.

As he was about to pull out his daggers, his senses instinctively perked up-- while his second heart began to quicken.

"...Why is 'Devil Hunter' acting up?"

Now looking at his status panel, Jin-Woo only gave half of his attention to the falling pillar from the sky. The main boss hasn't shown up yet, so he still had some time to spare before then. Right now, he had to figure out what was happening.

Not only was his 'Devil Hunter' title revealing a subtle presence-- his black heart was beating a bit faster than usual.

'I got both 'Devil Hunter' and the black heart by defeating Baran, so...'

Baran was also titled, 'King of the Demons', and given control over all the Demons in the 'Demon's Castle'...

In half-a-seconds time, Jin-Woo immediately came up with an answer in his head.

"A few 'Demons' might pop out of this dungeon. It's too coincidental for all my Demon hunting skills to go off if there weren't any..."

But while silently rubbing his face, he reconsidered his first thought.

"But this has never happened before until now..."

Now closing his status window, Jin-Woo finally pulled both of the 'Demon King's Daggers' out of his inventory.

The second they appeared; long blue arcs of electricity jumped across the edge and ran up to the point.

Tightly grasping their hilts, Jin-Woo looked up at the Gate in the sky. Though he didn't know how, the massive pillar from before had long since disappeared. He only managed to see it shrink away into nothingness...

"It's just been one trick after another..."

Seeing a black speck fall out from the abyss behind the Gate, Jin-Woo drew his blades closer.

"I have a feeling things will get a little more difficult this time around."