Chapter 3 - The Heavenly Pillar

"Hey, do you think the Gate is supposed to be shaking like that...?"

Violently trembling and dancing about, the aura on top of the Gate was writhing under an unknown pressure.

Many hunters were standing beneath the Gate in an attempt to somewhat suppress the upcoming dungeon break, but they didn't know how well they'd exactly do against something like this.

"Bah, you idiot! It's bad enough that this a 'Red Gate', you just had to go and jinx it!"

Raising his chin, he inspected the Gate as well...

Cold sweat filled his forehead when he saw the Gate quiver more and more, like his partner had mentioned. they were in the rearguard team, but who knew what would happen to them the second the dungeon actually breaks...

Tightly clenching his teeth, the old hunter spoke.

"If I die, you owe my wife a new husband..."

"Haha, you think I'd marry her? Do you know how she looks...?"

Chuckling away at the random joke, the old man shot back.

"How do you think I put up with it? It's the personality that counts, hehe!"

Letting out the last of their laughs, the two became determined. And sharing the same thought as them was the entire rearguard team.

'We either stop the outbreak, or die trying.'

They were less than S-Rank hunters, but protectors of their country regardless...

Without any knowledge from the hunters below, a dark silhouette slowly emerged from the shadows. Taking a step out of the darkness, he immediately started studying the Gate.

As the red aura started to disappeared... he said.

"It's here."

The red transparent wall blocking the Gate instantly broke.

And all the earth, sky and sea trembled in unison.

That day, a Pillar of Heaven fell down from the sky.