01.| ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴀʟ

Start from the beginning

Alaric smiled at the group before giving them a nod. With that, the meeting was called off and Lucas parted his ways with everyone. As he toured around the school he bumped into someone but instantly caught onto them and held them making sure they didn't fall onto the floor.

"Well, hello there." Lucas smiles., eyeing the brunette in his arms.

The brunette girl slightly smiled. "Hi, uh thank you." she pauses before furrowing her brows. "Uh, Lucas right?"

Lucas nodded. "Yes ma'am, and you are who I assume goes by Josette?"

"You can call me Josie, but yes," Josie replied, a small warm smile on her face.

"Alright, Josie, what are you up to?" Lucas questioned as he noticed the books in her hands.

Josie raised the books. "I'm going to go study, we've got our finals coming up."

"Aren't finals in like two weeks?"

"I'm sort of a nerd." Josie shrugged.

Lucas snorted. "I can see that. Well, are you coming to Mystic Falls high with us?"

Josie shook her head. "No, I've got too much to do. And honestly, between you and me, I don't want to deal with Lizzie's bickering."

Once again Lucas let out a snort.

"Well you should get going, I'll see you later, Jo," Lucas said before walking away.

As he was walking he ran into yet again another person. But this time Lucas didn't hold onto the body.

"Fuck." Lucas whispered before looking up.

"I—I'm so sorry." The curly-headed boy said nervously

"Yeah, yeah. It's fine." Lucas said, rubbing his temples. "Landon, am I right?"

Landon nodded. "Yeah, how did you know?"

"Well, I know everyone," Lucas replied with a small shrug before walking away.

News was out that Landon was also joining in on the trip to Mystic Falls High. Lucas didn't seem to mind, but everyone else didn't enjoy the thought of Landon tagging along. The ride there was terrible and loud. Teens were yelling and talking loud which irritated Lucas and Hope very much.

Finally, 15 long painful minutes later, the supernatural kids arrived at the high school. Lucas was first to get off the bus with Lizzie by his side. All eyes were on the two as they got off. Behind followed Hope, Landon, and the rest of the students that volunteered to help.

"Okay here's the deal, Landon, you talk to any of the people you still know from when you went here," Lizzie announced. "Hope, you try to not deliberately alienate the entire student body while the rest of us save the world."

Hope huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "This isn't a contest, Lizzie."

"You're right. It's a mission. For a hero and her league of—" Lizzie paused before shrugging. "Whatever."

"Who put you in charge?" Lucas questions.

"Who's this, kid."