Chapter Five: Training with Skipper

Start from the beginning

"Sure is." Chug assured.

"Oh, finally. You know, you're not even on the map." Royer told them.

"Tell something I don't know." Mary joked with a shrug.

"Yeah, pretty drive, ain't it?" Chug asked.

"Oh, yeah." Royer replied sarcastically. "Especially if you like looking at dirt and corn." Then he got to his business. "Anyway, I'm looking for a Strut Jetstream."

"Who?" Chug asked.

"Jetstream. Strut Jetstream." Royer said.

"Nope, doesn't ring a bell." Mary knew that Chug was only trying help Dusty. "Do you have a photo?"

"Yeah, I got one right here." Royer said looking to his clipboard. "No, I don't have a photo!" He snapped. "I have documentation that says Strut Jetstream lives in Propwash Junction." He read off the clipboard.

"Oh, whoa, whoa! Whoa, wait a minute!" Chug now interrupted. "Okay! Oh... No, gosh I..."

"Oh, hey, I'm Strut Jetstream." Dusty now pulled up next to Chug and Mary, the two of them looking at the crop-duster.

"Oh, yeah!" Chug remembered. "That's right!" He chuckled. Dusty gave a nervous smile. "I knew I'd remember." Chug pretended. "There he is, strutting on over here."

"But you're mispronouncing it slightly." Dusty said.

"I am?" Royer asked.

"Mmm-hmm." Dusty nodded. "Yeah. It's actually pronounced... 'Dusty Crophopper'."

Royer gave a deadpan expression

Royer gave a deadpan expression. "Dusty.... Crophopper." He repeated his name.

"It's Scandinavian." Mary clarified.

"Right, and I'm Egyptian." Royer sarcastically said then sniffed Dusty, and he pulled back fanning the area. "Googly moogly!" He exclaimed. "What is that smell?"

"It's Vita-minamulch." Dusty shamefully replied.

"Vita-mina-what?" Royer said in bewilderment.

Leadbottom came along. "The finest-smellin' compost this side of the Mississippi Original, creamy and chunky style." Leadbottom inhaled. "Oh, yeah. Smell that? It's like daffodils and like Sunday dinner." Royer and the others just stared at him like he was crazy, which he was. "I just love it. I love it." 'I got some minamulch, yeah!' He rolled away. 'I got some minamulch, yeah!'

"Uh, that old airplane needs some help. Y'all know that, right?" Royer asked.

"Yeah." Chug, Mary, and Dusty agreed in unison.

Braedey now rolled up to them. "Hello. What brings you here, sir?" He greeted to Royer.

"Oh, Mr. McQueen, good to see ya." Royer nodded. "Anyway, are any of you familiar with the racin' fuel additive, nitromethane?" He asked.