♔︎ Prologue ♔︎

My parents, elder brother and I were on a camp. I wasn't excited at first because I am the type of person who prefers to be inside my room 24/7. But as soon as we reached there, the smell of nature directly hit my nose. The feeling was foreign and I liked it.

At night, I looked up at the sky and saw lots of stars. I never saw those in the city because they were always blinded by the bright lights of the tall buildings. I continuously stared at the sky when my brother called me. “Come, it's starting to get cold.”

I rushed to him and watched my parents, who were busy making us something to eat. “It's not so bad, huh?” He asked me. “It's actually nice. I just hope there aren't any scary animals.” “There are insects.” He caught a grasshopper and held it towards me. “Eek! LEE YOUNGBIN!”

I screamed as he chased me around, laughing evilly. “Enough, Youngbin.” Dad said. Youngbin groaned and I had my victory giggle. “Can we eat? I'm hungry.” I said, walking towards mom. “Almost. Can you get me some of those over there?” She pointed at something. I made my way there and picked up the strange thing mom asked me to get her. What are these?

I was about to turn around when I saw something from a distant, but it quickly vanished as I looked at it. Was that a person? Tilting my head, I walked back to my mom. “What is that?” “It's nothing. Go help your father with whatever he's doing.” She's acting weird. Dad isn't doing anything...he's already asleep. I shrugged and walked to my brother.

៚ · •

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping. I felt refreshed and energetic, that was unlikely. We decided to leave and started packing. So, practically, it was like a one night camp. I wished we could stay there a bit longer.

As soon as I walked in my room, I fell on my bed and stayed like that for a few minutes. I stood up and took off my shirt when I saw something unnatural on my right shoulder. I walked towards the mirror to take a better look. Now this looks strange. It doesn't look like a mosquito bite. I hope it's nothing serious.

Well this makes me relief that we left the place this morning.

© 2020 - 2021 -JAKISM