“ Arzu. Check out this one.” She passes me a beautiful short-knee length shirt. It is a peach-colored shirt with black flowery prints on it and peachy shiny beads around the neck line, on the front.

“ Try it on.” She turns me towards the try room and dragging me to it, almost pushes me in the room.

“ Hey.” I come out of the try room. And Maheen looks at me in awe.

“ Perfect.” She shows approval and I turn back towards the try room.

Later when I come out, I don't find Maheen there. I search for her in the outlet but find no sign of her.

“ How may I help you Madam.” A sales girl on the counter asks me.

“ Pack this shirt please.” I put the shirt on the counter and take out some cash from my purse.
My eyes and mind are constantly in search of my best friend.

“ Madam are you OK?” The sales girl asks. 

“ Yeah. It is all fine.” I give her a polite smile.
She smiles back.

“ I came here with my friend. She is wearing a purple dress and is white in complexion. She has shoulder-length slightly curly hair.” I give her the description of Maheen, and she nods like she has understood.

“ I saw her, she was on a phone call and went outside just before you came here.”

“ Oh, thank you.” I grab the shopping bag from her and pulling the glass door, I step outside the outlet.

“ Ouch!” I touch my forehead which I think hit in the wall, no wait in a human. How can be a human as hard as a wall? I instantly hold up my face, and I am baffled to see a pair of gun-metal eyes glaring at me with a devilishly handsome but scrunched up face looking down at me.

'Why does he look so fierce? And where have I seen these eyes before?'
I try to knock at the door of my memory but receive no desired answer.
Finally I decide to apologize this stranger for almost banging into him which didn't harm him at all, only I stumbled but thankfully didn't end up falling on him. I had balanced myself in time.

“ Watch your way. ” Before I can open my mouth for an apology, he roars.

I am startled at his fierceness.
I look around in the mall to check if we have caught anyone's attention. Fortunately we haven't.

How can he be angry on me when it was he who didn't watch his way?

“ Pardon?” I look straight at him with an arched eyebrow.

“ I said, watch your way.” He sneers and it takes all my strength to suppress down my anger.

“ I think the same goes for you. And I was going to apologize but I don't think that you even deserve it. ” I sneer at him.

He squints his eyes at me and then looks at the glass door behind me.

“ I don't need your stupid apology, just move.”

“ What did you say?” I can't let him insult me. He is a complete stranger and he is already acting like he can be bossy to me. I don't give a damn about his arrogance.

“ I said move, rubbish. You are blocking my way.” I am flared up at his rudeness. I am just about to give him a tight slap on his arrogant face when suddenly Maheen comes by my side.

“ Arzu. Arzu.” She slightly shakes my arm. But I am constantly burning in fire, looking at him. He straightens up, smooths the creases on the crispy white shirt, on a pair of blue jeans and then throws a blank look at my friend.

“ Arzu, let's go.” She drags me aside without my will and his starts with arrogance in the outlet before pushing its glass door.

“ Who was he?”

“ I don't know.” My mood is awfully upset. Why only idiotic, arrogant males have to show up in my life?

" But he was handsome." She smiles sheepishly and I roll my eyes at this.

" Looks often betray, Maheen."

" Agree with you." She smiles at me but I can't smile back as I am trying my best to control my anguish.

Maheen notices my upset mood and tries to cheer me up by showing a cup of ice-cream in her hand.

“ Your favorite, chocolate chip.” She smiles at me hoping that I would smile too.

“ Thanks.” I grab the cup from her and take a full spoon of ice-cream inside my mouth. It melts in my mouth and cheers me up a little.

“ Sorry, I left you alone. I had an urgent phone call from dad.” She pouts slightly and I shake my head with a slight smile.

“ It's OK. It wasn't you who didn't apologize for misbehavior.” I begin to stamp the spoon in the ice-cream.

“ Oho! Don't spoil your mood because of an anonymous jerk. Enjoy your ice-cream then I will drop you home.” She rubs my shoulder with her hand, trying to relax me.

“ As you say Madam.”

“ You are becoming obedient day by day. Good, I like the progress.”

She winks and I chuckle looking at her cute face. My best friend is the only one who can cheer me up with her cheerful personality.

Later we bought a few cosmetics and then left for home. Even though my mood was better now but still I could not get rid of the anger burning inside me. I hate it when people bark on others for their own mistakes.

-------------------------------------------------------
TO BE CONTINUED......
-------------------------------------------------------

Arzu couldn't recognize this stranger.
Did anyone recognize this guy with gun-metal eyes? Comment below if you did.

And we will come to know more about him like his name and who he is in coming chapters......

Till then stay tuned!

Promises And FateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara