Chapter# 13

Enjoy the reading!!!

**************************************

I drop my handbag on the study table and then moving towards my bed, I throw myself on it after coming back from the Café . I stay in the horizontal position, staring at the ceiling fan. Several thoughts pop up in my mind related to what should I say to Sumbul and how to convince her that Irfan is not a right guy?

I am biting my bottom lip in deep thoughts when mom strides in my room. I get up quickly and find Maheen standing behind her.

"Mahi. When did you come?" I jerk up from my bed and walk towards her, throwing my arms around her. She embraces me back and pokes my head with her forefinger before releasing me.

"When you were lost in thoughts of your beloved one." She winks and sits on the bed. I laugh at her before picking up a pillow and throwing it at her. She catches it and settles it in her lap, folding her arms over it.

"You besties enjoy yourselves. I will go and make tea for both of you." My mother leaves us, closing the door behind.

"So who's that?" Maheen leans forward, fixing her gaze on me.

"He is not Junaid." My eyes dart over several objects in the room.

"Oh. So the jerk is not the actual jerk this time." She gaps in astonishment.

"Hahaha. Yup he is not."

"Ok then?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Irfan..."

"Irfan? Do I know him?" She squint her eyes, scrunching up her nose.

"No you don't. He is someone Sumbul is involved with. You know, she might like him or love him."

"O." She mouths an O.

"Yeah."

"And what you have to do with it?" She deepens her gaze over me, like I am hiding something from her.

"Nothing. I don't know how he got my number and why is he teasing me. I met him by an accident when I caught Sumbul with him in the market. She told me that both of them like each other. But I am sure that he is not serious with her." I huff in contempt.

" Oh. Umm. OK. Did you tell Junaid about all of this?"

" No I didn't. First, I must talk to Sumbul myself. This is all I want to do now."

" OK. Do what you think is best for you. " She places a hand on my shoulder and presses it gently.

"Thanks."

"I was wondering if you would like to go for shopping and lunch, tomorrow. Actually this stress of exams is killing me. " She sighs at the name of exams.

"Haha, of course I would love to go for shopping and I have to visit a bookstore too."

"Superb." She claps her hands in happiness earning giggles out of me.

"Why are you such a drama queen, Mahi?"

"Because I am awesome." She grins at me, flipping her hair off her shoulder.

"That's a weird answer." I roll my eyes and we both burst out a laughter in unison. After a few minutes mother brings our tea, and we chat about here and their stuff for an hour.

After Maheen leaves, I think about texting Sumbul all the details, but then it comes in my mind that only face to face, she can understand me better. Then I go into the bathroom for a warm shower to soothe down my nerves. Taking a shower whenever I am stressed, helps me a lot.

*****************************************************

'The Function of Poetry by Arnold Mathew.....' I am going through a book on criticism when suddenly I hear the noise coming from downstairs.

'Who could be it at this hour of the night?' I glance at the digital clock, where 10 pm is staring back at me.

I am about to get up from my study chair when Sumbul barges into my room and grins at me, before taking me by my arms and swirling me around.

"What...... What are you doing here?" I shake my head which is heavy and feels dizzy due to swirl.

"Arzu. Arzu. Arzu. I am so much happy." She is grinning, showing off her pearly white teeth.

"OK. Any particular reason for it?" I turn towards my table and close the book, putting a pen in it, to keep the track of the page I was reading before.

"He proposed me." She squeals with excitement, showing off her ring to me.

"It is pretty." I take a look at the diamond ring in her ring finger and appreciate its beauty with a smile.

"Who is the lucky guy?" I grin at her.

"What do you mean by who is the lucky guy? You are him very well. Well, only you know him in the family yet." She speaks while looking at the ring with keen interest and happiness in her eyes.

"Don't tell me that is Irfan." My eyes widen in horror and I grab her by the arm, turning her to face me.

"Of... Course. It's him. I.... Love him." She stutters a bit at my reaction, creasing her forehead.

"No. You can't love him. He doesn't deserve you." I try to make her understand me, but she pushes me away and glares at me.

" Oh really? I love him and he loves me."

" He is a cheater. He has been texting me weird nasty texts." I try to show her the texts, which I have not deleted yet, but she refuses to see, shoving my hand away.

"Enough, Arzu. You are just jealous that I am more beautiful than you and such a rich, handsome guy loves me and even purposes me now." She sneers, and I try to hold back my anger by pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I don't have a dumb brain to think about such stupid stuff. I don't know why are you not believing me, even when I am giving you the proof." I grit my teeth, keeping my voice low.

"Proof? What proof Arzu? How would I know if it is really Irfan or some of your secret boyfriend?" She flips away her hair. Looking at me with mocking gaze.

"I have all the details related to this text sender. I will send you."

"No. Thank you. I am not going to lose my golden future because of your Jealousy and this shit of who deserves who." She held up her palm, stopping me from typing over my phone.

'You are the stupidest girl ever.' I mutter under my breath.

"I came here to share my happiness with you, my cousin. But you turned out to be a jealous wild cat. I am going now and don't you dare to play any of your tricks on me again." I am about to shout at her that I will tell her family about all of this, but she  storms out of the room in fury, closing it behind with a loud thud.

" Unbelievable." I shake my head, rubbing my temple. I can't believe that instead of listening to me, she accused me of Jealousy, called me a wildcat and someone who plays ticks on others.

My phone's screen lights up, and I look at it. A text appears there, I click on it.

NO ONE WANTS YOU AS BAD AS ME.
Janeman (darling).

Text sender :unknown.

"Moron" I huff in frustration and throw my phone on the bed with force. I must do something about this Irfan. I won't let him mess with the life of Sumbul.

***************************************
TO BE CONTINUED..........
***************************************