CHAPTER 16: A Heart Of Gold

This chapter will make you fall in love with Isaac.💙

Once again.

He avoided me again...the moment the meeting got finished, he left without even giving me a look. Not like he keeps staring at me but still, he does acknowledges me.

It's been a week since he has been avoiding me. The day I left his room, from that moment onwards he kept avoiding me.
He leaves for office much earlier than me and I have to go to office seperately, he comes back home very late.
And if somehow he comes home early and has to have dinner with me, he just sit there silently with his sole attention on the food.

Was it affecting me? Hell yes!

Can you believe he didn't speak a single word to me the whole week?!
Maybe he remembered what he told me that day when he was drunk but it was not such a big deal...I was not judging him.

I had no other option than to call Nyle and ask for his help.

Sitting in my office, I called him, "Hello?"

"Hey, Thera! How are you?"

"I am fine, Nyle. I hope I didn't disturb you", I said in a low voice.

"Of course, not! What happened?"

I sighed, "Isaac...he is avoiding me."

"Oh, o-kay...do you have any idea why?"

So, I told him everything that happened that day and once I finished, I heard him sigh deeply, "I understand, Thera. If you want him to talk to you then you need to force him cause he will never initiate a conversation now. Just go, irritate him, trouble him, make him speak."

"I'll try but...what he said that day it was not such a big deal, Nyle. And later when I told him that I care for him he just looked scared...as if he was afraid of something."

"I can't say anything, Thera because if Isaac comes to know about this, our already ruined friendship will get more ruined."

"You know the reason, right?"

"I do...I have known him since the moment we were born. He is just afraid..."

"Afraid of what?"

"Bye, Thera."

"But--", I couldn't complete my sentence because he hung up the call.

Why doesn't anyone gives me a straightforward answer?!
I held my head in my hands.

The door opened and in walked Josh, he walked towards my desk and sat down on the chair.

"Now, what happened?"

I removed my head from my hands and made a pout, with tears forming at the corner of my eyes.

I am a very emotional person.

On seeing me like this, in a moment Josh was beside me, hugging me while I kept sitting.

"He is still avoiding me, Josh", a lone tear rolled down my cheeks.

Josh quickly wiped away that tear and I sniffed, wiping my eyes by the back of my palm.
Josh sat on the desk, facing me curiously.

"He isn't talking to me", I complained folding my hands and I noticed a small smile on Josh's face.

"You think it is funny?!", I snapped.

He shook his head, "Nope. The funny thing is that my best friend is falling for someone really badly."