3

I knocked on the door three times, shifting from my heels to my toes while I waited. the door opened, revealing my best friend, rosé.

she smiled at me, her smile dropping for a second when she looked at my car and the bags in my hands, she then smiled bigger.

"you finally did it?" she exclaimed. I nodded my head and she shrieked in excitement, "yay! no more jared! we have to celebrate."

"ugh, I don't know rosé-"

"I won't take no for an answer! this is a big day for you! you're finally out of your parents' grasps and jared really means nothing to you now!"

I laughed at her choice of words. she grabbed a few of my bags, bringing them inside with her.

rosé was only a year older than me so she had her own apartment. I looked around, "I see you've done something differently with the place."

she furrowed her eyebrows, "nope. everything is still the same."

"it's got a man's touch to it now." I cocked an eyebrow.

she sucked in her bottom lip, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "is it that obvious?"

I grinned, "who's the lucky guy?"

"I've only been dating him for two months now..."

"is he nice?"

"yes, I really like him." she smiled. I rolled my eyes, "you say that about every guy..."

"but I really mean it this time! he'll be coming to the party with us."

"party? 'us'?"

"yes, we're going to a party."

"rosé-"

"nope, it's for your celebration. I hope you have some cute clothes."

"do you know who my mother is? she'd force me into cute clothes."

she smiled, "perfect."

~~~~

that night, she most certainly did take me out to a party. her boyfriend seemed nice, hoseok. he was a fun and cheerful guy.

she looked really happy with him.

rosé was dressed in some cute dress. she insisted I wear one of her "scandalous" dresses, but I happily declined. instead, I threw on some jeans and a cute top.

the party seemed at its peak, the booze were flowing, cannabis filled the air, and sweaty bodies danced against each other.

I hated parties sometimes, but I needed it right?

I didn't notice hoseok had slipped away when he came back with three shot glasses, handing one to me and rosé.

rosé raised her glass, "to areum-ah, for getting the fuck out." I laughed, clinking our glasses together and downing the shots.

one down, and whatever number it takes for me to black out, to go.