Chapter Fourteen

January 11th, 2021

Dania

--

    Moving day was nothing more than miserable. I was stationed at the packhouse and I moved the boxes in with Liekos and Colby into their set rooms. While Axel, Felix, and mom were left putting stuff into boxes back home, and the others traveled between the two houses. At moments like this, I was glad that I was a part of a large family. We were our own little clan.

    "Nope! That box says Ralph!" I shouted at Colby as he started heading to the room where Dylan would be staying. Luckily I got a glimpse of it coming up the stairs as he turned to walk down the hallway.

     "Oh!" He tilted the box over to double-check it. "Your right! Thanks!" He turns down the other way to where I was going. This house was huge. It was at least three times bigger than our other house. Big enough that most of us got our rooms. The only people who have to share are Colby and Felix who didn't mind that they lost the rock paper scissors.

    I told them that I would be moving out soon anyway, so they can steal my room when I was gone. Not only that, there was a rumor that mom and dad would stay back at the Beta house and fix it up. My brothers should start thinking about moving out as well, this house was going to be Tre's house alone when he found his mate.

     I let out a sigh as I exited Colby's and Felix's room. "That's the seventh sigh today!" Shouted Colby as he walked down the stairs in front of me. Anthony had just placed down a box at the entrance. He wiped the sweat off of his brow.

    "What's wrong?" He looked at me, scanning my appearance to see if there was anything physically wrong with me. He deemed to be none and he met my eyes again. "Sad to be moving?" I picked up the box after seeing that it was going to Tre's room.

I sighed again, "Yeah... We are just so old now..." I turned to move up the stairs again, this one was going to the third floor where Tre and Dylan would be staying.

"We aren't that old." Colby cackled following behind me. "I'm in my prime!" I looked back to see his toothy grin. He was trying to comfort me, but I saw his expression yesterday. He stopped on the second floor and I kept going.

"Everything is moving too fast," I mumbled as I set down the box in Tre's room. He had the biggest window. I glanced out, we were on the mountain and we saw our little town down below, surrounded by forest.

"Slow down." I frowned and felt tears start to form in my eyes. "Please slow down." I pinched the bridge of my nose to stop the tears from spilling. I heard something be set down. Then all of a sudden I was wrapped up in someone's arms.

"Li?" We stood there a while, just in each other's arms. He shushed me gently, telling me that it was okay for me to feel sad. After a while, I turned in his arms. I looked back to see it was indeed my mate. "Hey, I'm okay now."

"Okay," He petted my head, pushing my hair back. "Smile." I smiled, and a lopsided grin was back onto his face. "Your smile is beautiful."

"Colby is going to get mad at us if we don't go back." We were only up there for three minutes but it was long enough for Colby to notice that boxes weren't being moved.

"We are going to talk about this later." He grabbed my hand and made his way to the door. "Promise?" He looked back at me and I bobbed my head.

"Promise."

--

It was the first dinner at the new packhouse, and it was on paper plates. I was on the floor with Liekos, because the chairs weren't here yet. Tre was leaning against the wall surveying all of us silently. Colby and Dylan were leaning against each other as they shoved ribs down their throats.