Chapter Fifteen

March 13th, 2021

Dania 

    When I woke up Tre was already at work. I yawned and stretched before folding my blanket and putting it to the side of the couch. Looking over to where Tre had been, it seemed that he woke up in a rush because his bed was still in disarray. Or maybe he didn't normally make his bed? I didn't know.

    "I'll make his bed in thanks for letting me stay the night." I hummed to myself as I made the bed. Glancing out the window to see the sun has just risen. It couldn't have been past 6 or 7 o'clock. I groaned to myself I must still be stuck in the habit of waking up for school. 

    "Wait. Why was Tre doing up this early?" I pinched the bridge of my nose. He was a workaholic. I made my way to the door, for the first time I didn't really have plans for today.

    I'll go over to Tre to see if he needs help with pack work and if that fails I'll just run by the hospital and shadow under someone like I normally do. Though my head was pounding with this headache.

    Making my way downstairs I heard the clattering of plates. Were other people awake as well? I rounded the corner to see Colby and Anthony sitting next to each other with a bowl of cereal in their laps as they looked at the TV.

    "Good morning," I greeted and they snapped their heads over to me.

    "You're up early." Colby hung his arm over the back of the couch.

    "Good morning, Dania." Anthony smiled warmly.

    "I can say the same about you two. Why are you guys up?" I sat next to Anthony on the couch and grabbed the blanket that was draped over the back and placed it on my lap.

    "We couldn't sleep." Colby gestured to the both of them with a swinging finger. "You?"

    I shifted my body on the side of the couch. Not being able to withstand a shrug, "pretty much the same. What's the plan for today?"

    "I'm going back home to my garden." Anthony finished his food and put it on the little glass table in front of us. He turned to look at Colby, "you?"

    "Tre told me to be Dania's guard for the day, so whatever she does." He leaned forward to make eye contact with me, "so what are we doing?" I shrugged my shoulders again.

    "What do you want to do?" The idea of me dragging him around all day didn't seem too appealing for both parties.

    "Want to play outside?" He asked though he was wringing his hands together nervously. What was he hiding from me? 

    "Play what?" 

    "Baseball?" He gave me a goofy grin, it looked like he had plans to hand with his friends. He was an extrovert so being kept away from his friends for this long must be getting to him. I bet Tre dropped this on him before he left. 

    I nodded my head. "Okay." Colby's eyes lit up like fireworks.

    "Really?" I nodded my head again a smile creeping onto my face. 

    "Though don't get mad if I can't hit it that far." I played softball on varsity at my school, but it was pretty much because I could run really fast. Colby sat up from the couch and ruffled my hair.

    "I would never get mad," he chuckled, "I'll go get our mitts to warm up." 

    Shifting my body so I can look over the couch, "who's going?" 

    "Rex, Cole, all those guys." He said nonchalantly as my heartbeat started going, they were all really popular people, total jocks. Then he disappeared behind the door to go get our stuff that was put away in a box somewhere.