34

We decide on a non-conventional strategy to land on Titan –Thanos' home planet. I try to convince my dad that is a terrible idea: to fight in the enemy's territory. Thanos knows the land, even though is all ruins is where he feels more confident, but my dad's ego is too big to change his mind, I hate his hero complex and sassy attitude, this is not like any other mission and he has to understand that, we've never fought against someone like Thanos. I am hoping that the man I've bonded with for the past eight years gets on my side, but instead I only get the votes of complete strangers who don't even live on planet Earth and call themselves The Guardians of the Galaxy. There is no fighting the former playboy, so we come with a war plan, one that requires Quill to be as far away from Thanos as possible, to only be the lookout of this entire operation, I can't risk him being the one to fuck everything up. I'm not losing anyone because of him. I close my eyes and focus on my breathing, I am scared and I'm trying to distract myself by counting my heartbeat, I don't think that is a good idea, but what would be a better idea? If I keep thinking about it, there are no civilians here that can get hurt, it's one against seven and I'm not saying that we have a better chance to win, but I am.

I am a little distracted, my body feels so much lighter because of the gravity difference, also my mind keeps wondering how is it that I am breathing in this atmosphere? oxygen feels thicker, but fresher. The environment is not what I expected from a post apocalyptic planet, there are no animals, plants or water. Maybe even if Thanos even tried to save his planet it was bound to die, nothing can grow here, or at least that is what it seems and it should be the opposite, with no population at all the flora and fauna should grow without any obstacles.

We are all in our hiding positions except for Stephen who is waiting for Thanos in the open, time is going by so slow and my urge to pee grows stronger the longer I keep hiding. I am hiding behind a rock with Mantis, we are both on our knees and I'm moving my butt to keep my pee from running down my legs. We both see Quill waving and pointing at the sky signalling Thanos is here. Plan is in motion.
Stephen is stalling Thanos, not budging to give away the time stone as he should. I am scared. I am keeping a close eye to Quill who looks like he is going to have of his life, already smirking and playing with the trigger on his blaster. I don't trust him, he is too sensitive, we should've made him sit this one out.

As Thanos is talking with Stephen our surrounding changes to a destroyed and ugly one to a bright and beautiful one. What once was, a home to thousands, maybe millions of other creatures before it became all ruins and Thanos' memories. The titan is explaining what happened years ago, it makes sense, Earth is facing the very same issue and no one is doing anything about it. He has good intentions, but has the wrong idea. I don't agree with genocide, he is mad for thinking that and he could use the stones for another solution, however he has been planning this for a very long time and I can tell there is no way he will change his plan just because I say so. Mercy is what he calls it, but misery is what I see.

Too much starts happening in a span of ten minutes. I can barely grasp the fact that I'm breathing in another planet let alone fighting a purple giant who wants to kill half the universe. The plan is going accordingly, which only made Thanos angrier, nevertheless I am still fighting with the rest of the team to try to put an end to this madness. My daggers made of ice don't make any damage on his purple skin, I can see some scratches from them, though they look like paper cuts. I hate to admit it, but Quill is being extremely helpful and we would've had had a tough time without his little trinkets. As soon as Mantis puts the mad titan to sleep I urge someone to help me get Quill out of here.

"Why?" Quill asks, titling his head at me offended. "Where is Gamora?" He asks the Titan who is half asleep.
"Quill, don't!" I yell but he ignores me and pushes me when I grab his arm.
"My Gamora." Thanos groans.
"No, bullshit." Quill scrunches his nose.
"Peter, don't listen to him." I try to get closer to him. Quill looks at me and then back at the Titan who is still groaning.
"He...he mourns." Mantis says letting some tears fall from her eyes as she feels what Thanos feels.
"Gamora." Nebula says and that throws Quill off. "He took her to Vormir. Came back with the Soul stone but not Gamora."
"Okay, Quill, you gotta cool it right now, you understand?" Tony says understanding what is happening and still trying to take the gauntlet off Thanos. Quill turns around to face Thanos and Tony knows his intentions. "Don't, don't. Don't engage. We almost got this off!" Tony yells to the man.